nineteen : : bellatrix

Knowing Stacey was still studying I quickly change into my mask and cloak, soon slipping out the window. I had to be there early so Bellatrix could check on me before her dramatic entrance. Grabbing hold of the portkey I arrive at a small run-down cottage just outside Hogsmeade. The Malfoys refused to host the meetings as they feared Voldemort and didn't count on his return, and with the shrieking shack being discovered last year we had to switch to a more low-key location.

"Y/n! Love!" Lestrange calls out smiling. "Bellatrix!" I smile back and run into her arms. She was more-so family than Harry and Sirius combined. Even behind bars she had my back. She practically raised me. "Gosh how you've grown," She said looking me up and down. I smiled proudly posing for her. I chuckled slightly before lowering my mask. "What's happened to it?" She asked pointing at the crack. "Riddle," I sigh. "Dark lord Jr?" She asks. I nod. "You actually spoke to him?" I nod again. "So much for being non-conspicuous," She says rolling her eyes before continuing, "And your foot?" My eyes widened (not that she could tell), "What about it?" "Don't think I didn't notice," Bellatrix said raising a brow. "Potion bottle, Happy now?" She chuckles, "Attitude's grown too I see." I roll my eyes, soon walking in with her. 

I stand in the corner slightly isolated from the others. Nott, Berkshire, and Riddle enter soon after. Bellatrix inspects each of them as they enter, and I notice Mattheo scanning the masks to check which one was me. I fix my hood quickly and the meeting soon began. I tuned out most of the chatter but my attention was grabbed at the mention of the final task. My heart dropped as I heard about the portkey and my brother, however I knew there was nothing I could do to prevent this.

Tuning out the chatter again I came up with theories to help the goblet runners, none of which seemed realistic or at all possible. In the end I came to the conclusion I'd just be there when it took place and wing it I guess. 

"Meeting adjourned then," Yelled Bellatrix, slamming her hands on the table. Quickly I rush over to the door but someone grabs my wrist. I turn around and look at Mattheo, who's being looked at by Nott and Berkshire, who's being glared at by Bellatrix.

Bellatrix slowly struts over to Mattheo. "You alright there Riddle?" She asks practically spitting in his face. He rolls his eyes and lets go of my wrist. "I was just wanting to talk," His glare moving from me to Lestrange. "Oh lovely, I was hoping someone would give me a bedtime story," She says not breaking eye contact. I turn my attention to Bellatrix and she simply shrugs her shoulders at me. Berkshire taps his shoulder whispering into his ear just loud enough that I could hear, "She's a psycho, it's not worth it." I step towards Bellatrix slightly offended on her behalf.

She nudges me, "You can go now hon' I've got to be back in my cell before dinner arrives I won't mess with them long." I smile under the mask and give her a tight hug before waving Riddle goodbye. I reach for the portkey and there I am. Back on the roof.

Sitting down, I stare up at the stars enjoying the peace for awhile, before someone appears behind me. I chuckle slightly, "Congrats, you escaped alive." "Hardly, Bellatrix is a bitch," He states. I slap his arm, "You're a bitch." "Oh really..?" Riddle asks sarcastically, as he raises his brow. "More than Bellatrix ever could be." He fakes a gasp and tickles my sides, causing me to fall onto his chest. I manage to make out a couple words as I laugh, "Wait.. no.... fuck... Riddle." "Say I'm not a bitch," He says. "You're... not.... Fuck.. Uhh..... a.. shit Riddle.... a... bitch." He stops and I let out a breath relieved. I keep my head on his chest leaning into him slightly.

 "Thanks for saving me the other day," I say bluntly. "You're welcome," He replies, moving his arm from behind my back, now wrapping it around me. I turn to look into his eyes. He does the same, his shifting from my lips to my eyes. We both shut out eyes and our faces lean closer, though I quickly turn and he kisses my cheek. He looks at me dumbfounded. I wink at him, slowly rising, "See ya' Riddle."

AUTHORS NOTE

yh no.. still nothing to say tbh...... if u have any ideas or suggestions for the yule ball chapter let me know bc the idea hasn't 100% been finalised yet....

next chapter: most likely tomorrow

chapter inspo: idk why i keep adding this part