twenty one : : now it hurts

The lot of us spent awhile getting to know each other and exchanging stories. After awhile something happened and I was left shook. Berkshire threw himself back on his seat, tired of Thena's lack of responsiveness. "God why can't I ever have what those two have" He says looking at Mattheo and I as he slumps further. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. "What aren't you two like dating or something?" He asks bluntly. "No...?" Mattheo responds, his voice trailing off as he does. "We're friends... that's all there is to it," I say speaking up again. There was an awkward silence for a moment. I look to Thena before speaking again "Also, Thenas an Aromantic, she doesn't do relationships." Berkshires head shoots over to Lovegood and she merely blinks, soon changing the subject.

My heart ached as I sat there in denial. The conversations continued but I zoned out more often, and Mattheo sat across from me kind of disheartened. We sat there for another, long, hour, before finally getting up to leave. 

Hands full we paraded down the halls, Stacey and I stopping outside the Ravenclaw common room to drop off Thena. Reaching our dorm there was a silence. We looked to each other but looked away again unwilling to speak. "Tomorrow?" She asked. "Tomorrow," I confirmed. She smiled and I smiled back, rolling my eyes.

We drop off our stuff and sit ourselves down by the fireplace. "Well, well, well," The pair say in sync. "Look who's back." I roll my eyes again, wrapping my arms around my knees. "Where've you two been?" George asks, now sitting next to Trix. "Shopping," Stacey states proudly. I bury my head further into my arms as a guilty feeling grows. " Mhmm," I confirm, hoping to seem less suspicious. "Oh yeah?" Fred asks, turning to his brother. "Imagine having our own place," George says, looking back at him. I chuckle slightly at some of the ideas.

_________

The next day I remain kind of... odd.... and Mattheo is too. He sorta seems pissed.

D.A.D.A was somewhat back to usual. Silent. During the class I get a stinging headache, though I try to ignore it. Eventually it gets too much and I flop onto the table, resting my head on my arms. A wave of memories come to mind. Happy ones, Infuriating ones, that one. Quickly my headache leaves and the memories end. I don't dare to move.  Quietly I lay there trying to piece things together. Slowly I move my head and look up to Riddle who has his eyes darting across the pages of a book. Cautiously I sit back up inspecting the room.

We're dismissed and I quickly flee the room. On edge I go straight to the roof and sit in my spot by the turret. I hadn't thought of the incident since year 3 when it happened. Sure I held a grudge but we moved on. My breathing fast I try to calm myself down. The thought of his wand at my neck was what once fuelled my hatred, but now it hurts. I was already feeling guilty.

MATTHEOS POV:

Taking a seat in D.A.D.A I sit there glaring at her. 'Is that really what she thinks? We're just... friends? Will it be like that forever?'  Before drowning in thoughts an Idea comes to mind. Quietly I draw my wand and whisper the Legilimency spell. I notice her change in posture but nothing happens. I continue to whisper the spell, hiding my wand under a  page of my book as I do so.

After awhile she cracks and I enter her mind. I walk through a glowing path way as memories of us play on the walls. I smile before continuing too far. I stop as the memory of my first mission took place. Quickly I drop my wand and go silent, unwilling to go further. 'That was immature. Why did I do that? She hated me for that.'  Once again I'm trapped in thought. My eyes travel along the page but my brain doesn't follow. I look up as we're dismissed but I don't move.

'Will she hate me again?'  I wonder.

AUTHORS NOTE

Opinions? Please??? I had writers block this was the best I could do.

NEXT CHAPTER: I NEED TO STOP ADDING THIS

CHAPTER INSPO: ngl it may have been this line.. "God why can't I ever have what those two have"