seventeen : : challenge two

I used being sick for an excuse to avoid classes for most of the week, but to be fair I just didn't want my foot to get any worse. This morning I reluctantly got up knowing challenge number 2 was today. We still had to go to our first two classes unfortunately. Walking to charms I had a slight limp but I'm sure nobody'll notice. I sat down in between the twins.

My mind a bit hazy I zone out before being nudged by Fred. "Hmm?" I ask turning to him. "You sure you're better?" He asks. "Mhmm," I respond. "The attitude's gone so I guess so," George pitches in. "What attitude?" I ask turning to him. They look at each other and chuckle slightly. I roll my eyes and lean forward resting my head on the table. I spot Mattheo staring at me but he soon turns away going red slightly. Odd.

About to exit the room I'm asked to stay behind by Flitwick. "Miss Potter, Could you please see Dumbledore for me please?" He asks. "Oh yes, of course, though might I ask what for?" I question. "Don't worry about it." I shrug and make my way to Dumbledore's office. "Sherbet Lemon?" I call as a staircase is revealed. I take a deep breathe before entering the office.

"Professor Dumbledore?" "Ahh, Y/n, Pleased you could make it," he says gesturing to a seat. I sit down and before I could ask what this was about everything goes dark.

___________

MATTHEOS POV:

I haven't seen her in 4 days. I haven't seen her since we kissed. I was shocked when Trix had dared her to do that, but I enjoyed it. She was drunk as fuck though. I sit there wondering if she even remembers it. I wonder if she'd regret it if she did know.

As my thoughts trail off I find myself staring at her. My face turns a shade of red and I hurriedly turn away as she spots me looking. I try to distract myself by thinking about the next challenge. I overheard Cedric telling Potter hints. It took me a minute to figure out what exactly he ment but I figured it out. Though I don't understand what we'll be doing.

D.A.D.A was next but when I got there Y/n wasn't. "Trix," I whisper. "Where's Y/n?" She shrugs and looks down at her notes. Something isn't right. I sit there worriedly fiddling with my pen. Eventually I storm out the class to look for her. Mad eye was likely pissed but I don't care. I walk around hopelessly but soon classes start dispersing and the halls are overrun by people.

Giving up I go to the great hall for lunch before confronting her friend group. "Do you guys know where Y/n is?"  They look at each other concerned. "No," one of the girls say. "She was with us in charms," George States. "Fuck," I say walking off.

Before I could continue looking for Y/n I'm pulled aside by Enzo. "I've got the Gillyweed." "Shit I forgot." Enzo rolls his eyes at me and hands me a jar before slipping away to some Ravenclaw girl.

___________

I stood there nervously looking down at the water as Dumbledore explains how 'treasures' of ours were stolen. Eating the Gillyweed I gag a little at its fowl taste. Better than Potters reaction to it though.

Diving in I spend awhile getting to the bottom of the lake. It was quite peaceful down here. Suddenly I'm dragged out of my trance as I hear voices. Cautiously I follow them and I notice harry frozen in place. I approach from behind realising why. Quickly I grab Y/n and swim to the top. Her head pokes out from the water and she starts gasping for air and clings to me scared. Everybody cheers but my focus is on her. "You're alright, I've got you." As she begins to controls her breathing she looks around realising where she is.

She pulls away noticing I'm the one she's holding onto, but after slight hesitation she comes closer again and I help her onto the metal platforms. Her friends rush to her getting her a towel. I stand back awkwardly but she merely smiles at me, "Thanks Riddle." Fred looks up at me, but I ignore him and smile back.

AUTHORS NOTE

not me feeling bad for Fred after deliberately setting up the story to be this way...  

CHAPTER INSPO: Noneee

NEXT CHAPTER: Anytime between rn and the next four days... otherwise next week <3