Chapter 22

Thursday:

Jessica parks the car and we head for class. To my surprise I see Jackson with Paul standing in the front entrance.

“Let's take the other entrance," I say. Jessica just looks at me with this “no help from me” look.

I guess she is mad at me for kissing Paul. She told me before we went to sleep that I am only proving Rachel right.

I take a deep breath and try to relax.

Jackson sees me and starts running towards me. I embrace for impact, “don’t hurt me.”

He grabs me and hugs me so tight.

“Widow!” He lets go of me. I see Paul coming this way.

“Hey Wid,”

“Hey Paul. Hey Jackson.”

Jessica butts in, “hello cuties.”

They both smile and wave.

“Hey Paul and I were wondering if you both beautiful young ladies, will be our company for the winter ball,” Jackson asks.

“You mean like a double date?” Jessica asks.

“Yeah I guess.” Paul says. He looks annoyed. I think I know why.

“I don’t know,” I answer.

“come one Widow, we are all single. I thought this be a perfect opportunity to go out as more than friends,” Jackson says.

I look at Paul and he just mouths the words, “I guess.”

“Hmm, but," I struggle to come up with something. “Oh! Jessica. and I are gonna ditch the dance. Because you said it was stupid and you had something more important to do.”

“Huh?” Jessica stupidly says.

“Remember?”

“Ooh!!! Well see, I'm going with Mike," Jessica says.

Darn it! Stupid Mike. I look at Jessica with a serious face. I give her the evil eye.

She just shrugs and flips her blonde hair.

“Oh that sucks. I guess we have to look for a date for Paul,” Jackson says.

“Well I am not going then. Bye.” Paul says harshly and leaves.

Jackson yells his name but he doesn’t come back.

“Darn, why Jessica?" Jackson asks.

“I'm sorry, Mike asked me yesterday and I really like him," she says before leaving me alone with Jackson.

“so is that a yes?”

I look at him and just nod.

He smiles and looks around before he plans a kiss. It gets deep and fast. It has been a while since I kissed him and I am loving every second.

I pull away, I need air.

“wow, I should leave more often,” he smirks.

I just smile but I feel bad.

Jackson walks me to my first class. He says he meet me in lunch.

“Alright kids settle down, stop talking about last night Jersey Shore," Mrs. Jefferson says.

The class chuckles and settles down. We start working on the new lesson. Paul is permanently sitting next to me. Tony transferred schools in order to be with his boyfriend.