Chapter 7

After school: the library

I need some books to read for Mr. White's weekly assignment. I can't afford to get another bad grade in English.

I arrive to the library, where there is magical worlds, that's what I use to say when I was little. I used to love going to the library with my parents. My father use to read me the same books over and over again.

"Hello, can I help you find a book today?"

I see a very blonde girl in the front desk.

I say no.

"Are you sure? I can help you find the perfect book," she has a big smile.

I walk away to find the book.

"Hey wait! Please don't go." She begs.

I turn around to see the blonde girl just two feet away from me.

"I'm so sorry for being so stubborn. It's like I need to impress Ms. Dawson. I need to show that I can be a great employee in this fine library." She explains her annoy-ness.

"whatever." I say.

"Yay! Okay so what subject are you looking for?"

"English."

"Oh the weekly project thing, huh? Hhmm, I have the perfect book for you. It's easy to do a report and it's a great book."

We walk to the fiction aisle.

Gosh, she is so blonde! She has wavy long golden hair like goldilocks.

"Here it is!" she hands me a book.

"It's really good, sad yet very happy. In this weird emo way." Blondie says.

Well it is short, about 200 pages, and it had a pretty cover. It had two golden eyes of a girl. They seem sad yet happy. It reminds me of someone.

"Okay, let's go to the front desk so you can check this baby out." Blondie interrupts my thoughts.

I follow her, and notice she was wearing a very short checkered skirt. Darn, that can belong to a hooker.

She is behind the desk clicking letter on the keyboard. She is having some trouble with the computer.

"Darn, wait. Oh okay." That's all you can hear her say.

Finally after the blondie figured out what was the problem, which was a good ten minutes, she hands me the book.

"There sorry about that. Here wish you enjoy the book. Oh by the way my name is Jessica. Nice to meet you." She offers me her hand.

I shake her hand, "Widow."

"Oh wow that's an interesting name. I like it." Jessica says while flashing a big smile.

I wave bye. I hear Jessica yelling bye like crazy. I think I made a new friend.

I am walking towards the gates when I hear Jackson's voice.

"WHAT! THAT STUPID FUCKING BLONDIE GUY! HOW DARE HE..." he gets interrupted by Paul.

"Dude calm down! Jesus Christ, he ain't worth your time. Besides Widow likes YOU."

I do? I go behind a bush, don't want to be seen by Jackson.

"You think? DUDE SHE WAS TAKING HIS HAND! AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN MOVE WHEN HE KISSED HER! And...and gosh I'm a freaking mess." Jackson says. He sounds tired. His black hair is all wet, it looks longer than usual.

"Dude just talk to her, she seems like a cool girl. And please you are the captain; you have to set the example for rest of the team. Don't get in trouble because of James." Paul says.