Chapter 11

This chapter is like the second part of the previous chapter where Widow remembers when she met Joe. Hopefully this chapter will clear some questions and thoughts about how the relationship between Joe and Widow got started.

Muchas Gracias! And keep on reading. Hopefully you enjoy it!
**
“David! Widow! Breakfast is ready!”

Yay! Mom's delicious chocolate waffles!!

I run down to the stairs and rush into the kitchen.

“Ready. Me want waffles!!” I  command my mother. She laughs and kisses my daddy good morning.

“Hey sweetie, here I made bacon," mom says. She is a very happy person. I think that's why daddy married her, besides her beauty. My mom is the opposite of me, beautiful blonde hair, brown eyes, and white skin, without any wrinkles. She smiles at everyone with that big smile on her face. Oh her name is Claire Johnson.

“David did you register Widow for school?” mom asks.

"Oh yes, and hopefully Widow will like it.” dad turns to me.

“Do I?” I ask with my mouth full of waffles.

My mom gives me the “Widow, be a lady” look.

“Yes Widow, and trust me this school is perfect and private.”

I have always gone to public school. Private school was very expensive for dad but now he can afford it.

“You mean I have to wear uniform?” I ask.

“Yes Widow.” dad says.

Ugh.
I finish eating and run to my room. I want to play outside. It is Saturday and hopefully there some nice kids outside to play with. I put on some jean shorts and a white t-shirt with some snickers. I tell mom that I'll be outside.

I look around and see no one at all. I start walking down the street. No kids.

Then I hear a girl's voice, “it is all your fault! My daddy would have said yes if you didn't open your big mouth Joe!”

I turn around and notice a pretty dark skin girl yelling at Joe.

I walk back to my house and sit on the side walk to watch the show.

“Why is it my fault? Just because I expressed my opinion? Well isn't this America Ashley?” Joe screams at the girl. I guess her name is Ashley.

“Well your damn opinion got my dad all worked up! He definitely will not like you now," Ashley says. I wonder what they are fighting about.

I don't hear what Joe says next but he gets her arm and kisses her. Right after the kiss she hugs him. Then she starts to point at my direction. Oh snap! She knows I was watching.

Joe turns around and sees me. I was about to get up when Joe calls me, “Widow, come!”

I jog towards them.

“She is cute.” I hear Ashley say.

“Did you hear and see everything?” Joe asks me.

I just nod.

“Oh well, umm, it's all okay now," Joe says.

“Hey Widow my name is Ashley. Nice to meet you.” she offers her hand and I shake it like my dad when he meets someone.

“Nice to meet you too, my name is Widow Johnson and I am 10 years old. How about you?”

Ashley giggles, “wow you are pretty tall to be 10 and I am 20 like Joe.”