Chapter 51

Jackson POV:

It has been two days since the accident. Paul hasn't waked up and his family is getting even more depressed as the hour passes by. The doctors have low hope for him to wake up and be the same Paul.

I am sitting with Emily outside the cafeteria on the benches. She is getting some flowers for Paul.

"Do you think he likes pink?" she asks. She sees some pink roses on the bushes.

I lightly smile, "Nope, I think he loves it!"

Emily chuckles, "Heh, he is so weird." She pulls the roses and sits next to me.

"That is a beautiful bouquet of flowers Emily. I totally know Paul will like them," I say.

Her light brown curls go to the sides, "You think?"

"Yeah."

She smiles and hugs me. She reminds me so much of Paul. They both have the same positive energy and kindness. She has been like a little sister to me in these past days. Something about her makes me feel calm and positive like if she is mine, a sister or heck even my baby.

"Okay, too much hugging and not enough praying," Emily pulls out of the hug and stands in front of me.

She is wearing a cute little white dress. She looks like a little angel.

"You want to pray?" I ask.

"Yes, can we?" she asks.

I just nod and take her hand. We walk to the altar they have to pray.

"Dear God, please return my brother. I know he left but I know he can come back soon. I miss him; my parents, Widow, and Jackson miss him. I thank you for today, Amen." Emily says.

She turns to me, "You done?"

I give a quick prayer and we leave to see Paul.

When we get in the room, James is checking his heart. "Hey," he said.

"Are you working now?" I ask.

"No, I got curious about his heart. It is still beating like yours and mine."

I know that, he is alive but not there. I just wish Emily's prayers will be answered soon. Widow already knows. I told her in the letter I send for her birthday.

Thankfully, I don't know how she did it, she manage not to break. Rachel called me saying what happen. She only cried for a minute before realizing she needed to be calm for the baby. I am happy because of that. I don't want her to feel more pain and misery.

"Paul? Can you hear me?" Emily asks. She breaks my thoughts. She is lying next to him with her head on his chest. "I miss you but I know you come back soon. You promised."

Why is she talking like if she has talked to Paul? This girl is freaking me out; I think she is like physic.

James pulls me out in the hall. "I heard that Widow knows now. How is she?"

"She is good. Rachel told me she kind of freaked out but she managed to be strong. She feels like crap though," I answer.

"Do you want me to go with her?" James asks.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Let her take it in and be calm," I say.

He nods and we return to the room. Emily is petting Paul's hair that is sticking out of the bandages away from his forehead. It is kinda of longer now. It reaches his eyebrows.

"Remember the day you took me to my dance recital? You were freaking out because we got lost on our way?" she chuckles, "I turn out to be driver, heh, you were annoyed."

Emily is so innocent and naïve. She really thinks he is hearing her?

"But you got over it and saw me dance. You even began to dance to the music and had a good time. I like that day," Emily continues his story. She kisses his cheek softly and hugs him.

"Emily, you want to help me out with some doctor stuff?" James asks. Her head pops out and she smiles. "Can I be a doctor?" she asks.

James smiles, "Totally! You can help me out with a patient."

She kisses Paul and goes with James. They leave the room hand in hand. I sit on the chair next to Paul.

I look at him. He has his head bandage up, a cast in his leg, a neck brace, and he has oxygen tubes on his nose. His face has some cuts and bruises but he still looks like Paul. He has IV's everywhere and a feeding tube on his side.

"I am the worse person ever. I rather be in your position Paul. I don't deserve Widow," I whisper. "I am so sorry for not respecting that Widow was yours. If I knew this would happen, I swear, I would never ever been with her."

This is so useless, he can't even hear me! Gosh! I am such a dumbass stupid person! I can't help it but to cry out of the anger and sadness.

I sniff, "Please, please, come back."

.....

Jessica is outside with Mrs. Anthony.

"Hey," she whispers. I sit next to her and take a look at Mrs. Anthony. She is a mess. She is staring blankly at the wall with her arms hugging her.

"They gave her some medication to calm her. I am here taking care of her until Scott comes back," Jessica says.

"You call Mr. Anthony by his first name?" I ask.

She lightly smiles, "Yeah, I tend to have a positive touch on adults. They like me too much."

I kiss her cheek, "Yep, I guess they do. Emily is with James taking care of old people."

"Sweet, that kid needs lots of big brothers right now," she says.

"Yeah, so, got any news from Widow?"

She nods. She shows me her phone texts.

WIDOW: I don't know what to do anymore Jess. I need my Paul with me.

JESS: And the baby needs you. You know Paul will want you and the baby to be alive.

WIDOW: I know...I be strong ...

"Gosh, she is dying slowly," I say. I want to hold her so much.

"I am going to her tomorrow. My parents only gave me permission to stay here for a while. I also need to go to school."

Gosh, we all have to go back to school.

"How are you? You haven't gotten any sleep?" Jessica asks.

"Yeah, a little bit, but I am okay."

She kisses my cheek, "Jackson, we are in a mess right?" she lays her head on my shoulder.

"I am afraid we are Jessica. Welcome to my world," I say.