Chapter 33

Thursday: School 6th period

Jackson has been busy. I couldn't talk him well. I've been miserable all day since I didn’t see him in lunch either.

The bell finally releases us to our next class. Which by the way I hate: Spanish. The class passes quick since Mrs. Lopez didn’t come. The substitute just sits there texting while all of us just talk.

I meet a girl, Lulu, she is a sophomore. She says that she knows James and asks me how he is doing.

“Okay I guess. Are you like really good friends with him?” I ask.

She smiles and I see she has pink braces. “Yes he actually helped me out. This blonde girl pushed me on purpose and he helped me stand up. And well he is really cute.” I agree with her and we both chuckle.

“Okay, turn in the work. The bell is about to ring,” the sub-teacher says.

“Hey your name is Widow right?” she asks. I nod, “Okay, well I guess I made a new friend today. Hope we can hang out later.” Lulu says. She fixes her curly brown hair and smiles.

I see James running to the class and chase after him. I win him to the door and tackle him.

“Whoa! Hey!” he yells. He was about to fall down but I caught him.

“Sorry I just felt happy to see you. I felt lonely all day,” I say as I walk in the class.

We both sit and wait for the teacher. James decides to change back siting next to me.

“So you missed me huh?” he smirks. “Nope, well yes. You, Paul and Jackson, I haven’t seen all of you all day!” I say.

“I missed you too Widow. Hey I heard you drop from the race, why?” he asks.

“oh, I am not going. I got into a fight with my step-dad and well I got grounded. Can't go out until Saturday.”
He kind of frowns, and tells me that he wanted to see me in a pretty dress.

“It will be really nice to dance with you, but I guess.” James says. Mrs. Jefferson steps in and order us to read chapters.

As I was about to finish, James sends me a note.

JAMES-Hey, you wanna hang Saturday?

ME- James, I cant. Jackson is my boyfriend..

He looks at me and says duh, he writes and passes the note again.

JAMES- I know that! Just as friends, my sister really wants to met you right. She thinks you are a cool girl. :)

ME- oh so it isn’t a date?

“No, just like hanging with us. No date,” he whispers.

“I don’t know, I tell you if I can okay?” I answer his question.

He nods and gets back to reading.

“Ring!!” the bell rings.

I quickly grab my things and run out of there. James catches me and carries me on his shoulder.

“Aah!!” I scream. He runs faster and laughs. I can feel everyone looking at us like if we are crazy!

We arrive outside and he gets me down. I slap his chest, “Dude! Why did you do that?”

He laughs even more, oh he looks so cute. I can't help but to giggle along with him.

“Hey,” Jackson is standing on back of James, “Hey what's up?”

James steps aside and stands next to me, “Hey Travis.”

Jackson pulls me to him and plants a kiss. “Hey, I missed you.” he whispers.