Chapter 54

WIDOW POV:

It is finally the weekend! We get everything packed so we can go visit Paul at the hospital. Mike is driving the van. Everyone is enjoying the ride.

Jessica is siting in the back with James and Jackson. Garret and Rachel are with me and Mike is driving with Angel on the passenger side.

"So what are we going to do once we are there?" Garret asks.

Good question. I don't know what I am going to do. I haven't seen him since the accident.

"Just chill," Mike says, "Hopefully the time we are there, Paul opens his eyes."

I nod. I hope.

...

We finally arrive to the hotel that Rachel got us. She made reservations for all of us.

"Okay, we need to couple up or groups of three," she says.

James and Mike decide to team up. Rachel, Jessica and Jackson are the 3 team. Garret and Angel are one.

"What about me?" I ask.

"I got you a room to yourself. I thought maybe since you are pregnant you will feel more comfortable to sleep alone." Rachel explains.

"Thanks that's nice of you," I say. We all get our room keys. James helps me find my room.

"Okay here we are. Mike and me are just two doors away if you need anything. The rest are the floor below us," James says. We go in and it is a nice peach room. It has a big white fluffy bed, Tv, and bathroom nothing fancy.

"Thanks James," I say.

"Sure, well I"m going to set my things. Rachel said that we should met up in two hours in the lobby to go to the hospital. My dad says that we can see Paul now," he says.

Thank goodness!

"Okay well I guess I shower and eat something. this baby is eating all my food."

He chuckles, "Sure."

...

I am the first one in the lobby. I just want to see Paul. I want to see that he is still breathing. Rachel and Angel come second while the rest come five minutes later.

We drive to the hospital and see Dr. Lock in front of the building. We walk to where he is. "Ello amis, how are you guys?" he asks.

"Great, can we see paul now?" Garret asks.

"Sure, follow me."

We all walk to the floor where Paul is. I see a blonde female doctor smiling at us.

"Kids, this is Dr. Pat. She has been helping us better Paul," Dr. Lock says.

Dr. Pat says hello and smiles. "Who is the famous Widow?"

I raise my hand, "I am."

"It is finally nice to met you. I heard some positive things about you," she says.

"Thanks."

"Well I'll bet you all want to hear about Paul's health." We nod. "He is actually getting better. His brain is healing itself and his broken bones are not that broken. But there is a chance that if he wakes up, he might not walk or his mental health will be reduced to that of a 1st grader."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"He wont be able to comprehend things that he would normally do. He might not know his calculus like he used to or he might have trouble reading a Dr. Seuss book, stuff like that."