Chapter 61

My world has been turned. It's already two months that Destiny was born. I am going to have her home. Despite Joe not liking the idea of Jackson being Destiny's dad, he is trying his best.

"Okay," a male nurse comes in. He has my baby in a car seat. "Baby Destiny is ready go to home."

Jackson quickly takes Destiny's carrier and shows her to me. She still has a breathing tube on since she has trouble breathing. But the doctors have told me the tube will be gone in a few more weeks.

"Let's go home," I smile at her.

...

Everyone is eager to hold her and say hello. Destiny is wide awake and she is giggling like a newborn should be.

James holds her as well, "Hey," he whispers. "I am your favorite uncle."

"No you ain't!" Lily exclaims. We all chuckle.

Destiny loves everyone. She doesn't cry at all.

I am eagerly waiting to hold her myself. After everyone is gone, I finally take her in my arms and feed her the bottle. She is so warm and small in my arms.

"Hi," I say to her, she is sucking on her bottle happily. "I am happy you are here with me. Mommy loves you."

"Hey," Jackson comes in the room. "Is she still eating?"

I nod, "Yeah, almost done."

Jackson wraps his arm around us. He looks down at Destiny. "I am happy she is my baby."

"You can only visit her once you are sober."

Jackson told me everything about his drug use. Jessica is also in rehab. She got hooked on pills. They were allowed to get out for this occasion only.

"I know," he nods.

Destiny is finished and I burp her. Jackson puts her down on her pink crib and she falls asleep. "Well, I will see you guys next month," Jackson smiles.

He leans in and kisses my forehead. "Bye."

"Bye Jackson," I lightly smile. He walks away. I sit on my bed and watch tv.

Hours pass by and it's already going to be 10pm. I change Destiny's diaper and feed her again and like a baby she falls asleep.

Suddenly, I hear the door open violently. What the? I quickly grab the lamp and run to the living room. I see Joe walking like a zombie to the couch. Oh gosh, he is drunk. I close the door and set the lamp down.

"Joe, why are you drunk?" I ask.

"Because life is shit!" he yells.

"Ssh! Shut up, you going to wake up the baby," I whisper loudly. He looks at me, "Who the fuck cares?!"

What? Why is he acting this way?

I walk back slowly, I am getting scared.

"Briana thinks I have a problem!"

I ignore him and begin to walk to my room. I need to call James or the police.

"Aah!" I yell. My hair is being pulled by Joe. "Let me go!" What is going on?!

He pushes me to the wall, "You know how much I hate for Jackson to touch you or kiss you."

"Stop this Joe! Please," I beg him. He punches my head to the wall.

"Briana broke up with me! She thinks I have a weird act going on with you. She also thinks I am drinking too much."

"Joe please," I say, "Let me go."