Chapter 38

Wednesday:

Jessica finally shows up! I called her yesterday and told her everything. She started screaming like a maniac! She couldn't believe all that happen during the days she missed school.

"You think its something that's going to go bad?" I ask her.

"No, if you behave well. Paul is a really nice guy and it wouldn't be nice of you if you hurt him." Jessica says as we walk to lunch.

"I know, that's why I told Jackson and James everything. And well we have a week already so, I think we can make it," I say.

Jessica hugs me and we walk in the cafeteria.

Surprisingly James sits with us. He doesn't look as upset as I thought he will be. Paul later comes with Garret, and joins the conversation. We are talking about my fight with Rachel. Apparently they cant still process the fact that I almost beat her.

"So, you just punch her?" Garret asks. I roll my eyes and explain everything again, like I did yesterday.

"Wow, so you still have detention for the rest of the week?" James asks.

I just nod and finish my spaghetti. "Okay, let's talk about something else now, we all get what happen. Let's all let the earth rotate." Paul says.

"Oh I got something spicy to talk about," Garret says.

"Spicy? Dude," Mike chuckles. Garret rolls his eyes and tells us that Jackson broke up with Rachel, again.

"What do you mean? I saw them all kissing in the halls earlier," James says.

I got a feeling of relief but James blew that feeling away. When they were the hot couple, way before me, they always got into arguments. They may have not been like John and Rebecca, but close.

"Well, before I came here I saw them fighting. Rachel was angry about something he said. Then Jackson just said they are finish." Garret explains the situation.

"That's what guys say when they get mad, right Mike?" Jessica eyes Mike. He just shrugs and kisses her.

"Well whatever, that is not our problem." Paul says firmly. I wonder if Paul has spoken to Jackson since Monday.

We all nod and wait for the bell to ring.

I ask Paul on the way to class if Jackson has said anything to him. He just tells me that he warned him about hurting me.

"I know you wont do that, but I can't guarantee I won't hurt you." I say.

"Wid, I'll be patient. I really like you, and everyday there's something interesting I find out about you." he kisses me quickly and tells me to smile. I see him walk away and I head to history.

After school: home

I take the bus home. I open the door and hear a similar voice coming from the kitchen.

I see Briana laughing with Joe drinking coffee in the kitchen table. "Hey!" Briana exclaims. She gets up and hugs me.

"How was school?" Joe asks. I say okay and ask what's going on. Why is Briana here?

"Oh, well I want to personally invite you to my party on Saturday. And well you weren't here yet and Joe invited me for homemade coffee." Briana says.

"Oh, I don't think I can go." I say. Joe gets up and stands next to Briana. "Of course you are going, I am also going," Joe smiles.

Okay, this is weird. Briana is smiling at him and her eyes sparkle. I know that look, she likes him!