Chapter 46

March 28: Monday

Jessica is walking me to my class since Paul is absent today. He has been sick since Friday.

"So, how's Jr. doing?" Jessica asks as we walk to Mr. White's room.

"First, the sex of the little creature is uncertain, and second, very good. Next week, I am going to the doctors again." I answer.

"Oh! Me wanna go! Please!?" Jessica asks. She gives me a puppy look that I can't resist. "Fine! Yes, but there isn't really that much to see yet," I say.

She celebrates her winning and runs to the classroom door. "See you in lunch Ms. Johnson."

I smile and go inside, she is so weird sometimes.

There is still 20 minutes of class but Mr. White said he needs to talk to me. He is siting in his desk, writing something down.

"Hi, sir, you needed to talk me?" I ask.

"Oh, yes, please sit down."

I sit on the first desk I see. He stands and walks to the front of his desk. He leans against it and fixes his suit.

"Widow, I received a notice from the nurse. You are expecting a baby?" he asks.

I knew this day will come but not too soon. I sigh, "Yes, I am pregnant."

Mr. White lightly smiles, "Alright, that's all wanted to know. If you start to feel sick or uncomfortable just raise your hand and pull your ear."

I chuckle, "what? I pull my ear?"

He chuckles as well and tells me that will be my sign for him to know what is going on. "I thought that you might not feel comfortable telling your classmates what is going on, so I made this up to help you. Unless you want to scream out loud that your baby is giving you morning sickness across the room."

"Oh, well thanks Mr. White, I appreciate that."

"Anytime, just don't let your water brake during class time. It will be disgusting."

Okay, I just nod and go to my seat. The bell rings after that and my day begins.

LUNCH:
I eat my peaches, and throw my plate. Someone pushes me that I almost went inside the trash can!

"Dude! Watch where you are going!" I exclaim.

"Sorry, Widow," Jackson says.

I turn around, "Oh, whatever it's okay."

I see Angel next to him, "Oh sorry chick, didn't mean to push you."

"Her name is Widow," Jackson says.

Angel just smiles and excuses himself. I look at Jackson and tell him to move. "Yeah, sorry." he says.

I go back to the table to get my stuff and leave. I go to my locker, to get my folder. I hear Rachel's giggles coming from the hallway. She sees me and smiles.

"Hey loser, what you up to?" she asks.

I ignore her and leave but she gets my arm. "I had sex with Jackson, just thought you needed to that before he tries to convince you to come back to him."

I look at her, and she looks serious and real with me. Does she want to protect me from more misery?

"I don't care what you guys do anymore," I say.

"I know but Jackson doesn't take no for an answer. We both know that Widow," Rachel says. This is the first time in forever she calls me by my name in a respectful way.