Chapter 3

The stupid alarm clock rings.

I open my eyes realizing that it was only heaven in my head. I stay in bed for another ten minutes. I don't want to get up yet I don't want to stay in this house. So I get up to go pee and wash my face (including teeth). My hair doesn't need any work at all. My hair is naturally straight and tangled- free. I go to my mini closet, "What to wear." I say to myself.

I don't have fancy clothes, just regular plain clothes that Joe bought from a second- hand store. I decide to go with regular jeans and a fitted black shirt with my black and white stripe jacket.

I get out my room and check if Joe is still alive. (Criss- crossing fingers for a no). And unfortunately he still is. He is in a deep sleep and like always snoring as a pig.

In school

I go to my first period, reading or language arts or English or whatever you call it. I am always the first one here. I hear some laughter coming my way.

"Stop laughing! It was an accident." I hear Rachel's squeaky voice.

"Well then, I'll stop but give me a kiss." Jackson says.

Great they are probably making out right now. YUCK!

I stand up to sharpen my pencil when they walk in.

"Hey Widow." Jackson says. I just ignore it.

"Oh honey please don't be so nice to her. She won't appreciate your kindness." Rachel says in her bitchy voice.

OH GOD! I JUST WANTED TO SLAP HER!

Widow relax just ignore them both and sit down, I tell myself.

The bell rings.

Everyone rushes to come in.

"Okay everyone settle down and take a seat." Mr. White says as he is coming in. I take my usual seat in the left back desk and Jackson sits in front third desk on the right and Rachel in the back of him.

"Okay, well as you all know we are not going to do anything with the exception that you finish this week's homework." Mr. White says.

WHAT?! No! I didn't finish it!

I remembered that we needed to complete this week's homework. A 10 page long assignment. You turn that in and Wa-La! No work for Friday in English class.

I see everyone turning in the homework. Darn what should I do? I can't keep failing English.

"Thank you everyone. And for the ones who didn't do the work, Mr. Jackson and Ms. Widow, you need to do a 5 page essay on why it's important to do homework." Mr. White says.

"WHAT?! WHY? It ain't my fault that..." Jackson was cut off by Mr. White, "no excuses sir. It ain't my fault either that you rather hang with your friends instead of focusing in your studies now am I?"

Jackson just sits there.

"And I don't hear Widow complaining. She knows that she has no excuse for not doing this week's homework. She knew she had the whole week to complete it." Mr. White says while holding up the assignment.

"She doesn't say anything at all! She is a freak who can't even talk if it meant life or death. And why don't you get mad at her?" Jackson says angrily.

I can't believe what came out of his mouth. I mean I never talked to him but he wasn't like the rest, he never once bullied me or called me names. I want to cry.

"Don't insult Widow like that! Now be quiet and do the work or do you want me to send you to detention." Mr. White suddenly screams.

Jackson was about to scream something back until-