Chapter 2:Don't kiss Alice

Roseanne's PoV

I was in the studio all the time and doing dance practices until some ungodly hour at night. I would complain but I knew that the hard work would pay off when we finish.

The girls met Y/n much earlier than we had planned since she brought us natural fruit smoothies to keep us filled and energized, once in a while adding food for us which we truly appreciated.

She was also busy in the kitchen and with the restaurant in general, it wasn't until recently that I found out that it was her restaurant.

Since the girls and I were more active that meant that I had to postpone our dates because it would be more likely for me to be recognized out, especially with a Michelin star chef who's proudly out of the closet (and in the matter of time there wasn't any.) If people make speculations about me with straight people I can't even imagine what they would say about me with her.

That didn't mean that I couldn't see her face though, thank god Steve Jobs am I right?

We FaceTime almost every day—in the mornings when she's just waking up which is when I'm (sometimes) leaving or falling asleep.

I continued going to my sign language classes though and I've been greatly improving thanks to my teacher, my class peers, and y/n herself who slowly signs for me to understand. I pick things up rather quickly which is one of my specialties in the dance room, the studio, and class.

Tonight the girls and I were absolutely overworked by our choreographer. He made us work all night until we all got every little detail right. Y/n had happened to have a day off so she came by and surprised us with a home-cooked meal she prepared at the restaurant which she mentioned she had accidentally set off her own alarm and didn't realize until the police came over. She had left her phone at home so the notification was of no use.

"Send me the app info I'll help you take care of your restaurant. Like that, if you leave your phone at home again I'll know." I reassured her.

She thanked me for being one of the few people who doesn't look at her deafness as a disability and rather at her clumsiness.

At around 2 am almost going to 3, we were able to sit down in the dance room and eat the delicious food that y/n had prepared for us. The only reason why we were able to get off now was because Jisoo argued with our choreographer and I was more than thankful for her because we would still be sweating with our shoes squeaking all over the shiny floor if she wasn't so feisty.

The girls also thanked y/n which made her feel very appreciated and loved for one, them loving her food so much and two, learning sign language for her.

Unfortunately, though, she couldn't stay no matter how much I begged because she is a responsible adult with a business to run. She told me she had to be there by 5 to start kneading and baking her dough into her delicious bread as well as other food prep to make her and her other cooks life's easier throughout the day.

"Ok then, I'll see you soon y/n. Thank you for everything. Sleep well." I signed before stepping close to her and kissing her cheek. She waved goodbye and walked out leaving me upset. At least now I'm not upset and hungry.

"So when are you going to ask her out?" Jennie questioned as soon as the girl in question walked out of the doors.

I had thought about asking her out for a while and we basically treat each other like girlfriends already, except I feel like we needed one more date before I could. And for some reason everything was different with her: I felt like a shy teen girl all over again not being able to muster up the courage to ask her if I can kiss her, "like a real kiss and not a cheek kiss. She just makes me so nervous." I ranted.