Chapter 16:Let's Really Not Kiss Alice

Giving each other space lasted until the night, but we didn't do any talking instead, I felt Roseanne lift the covers and slide herself into bed and behind me. She wrapped her arms around my waist to bring me closer to her body and provide me with more warmth on this cold night.

I loved the way her fingers drew patterns on my skin or when her breath landed on my neck. I loved that I could smell her or how she was this close to me, loving me despite our shit day.

When I woke up only my comforter was giving me warmth and I was happy to see the progress of immediately assuming the worst.

She can leave.

She can do whatever she wants.

I sat up and stretched my arms up as my throat released a yawn. I swung my feet to my right and tossed the covers off of my body. I made my way to my bathroom and began my routine when I saw that Roseanne walked in with a food tray and Hank on her side. I spit out the white foam and rinsed my mouth before cleaning the bristles with my thumb and water.

She set the tray down on my bedside table, "Good morning love, Hanky and I brought you breakfast in bed. Hank picked the juice and bacon but I think it's because he wanted some."

I gave her a hug and a good morning kiss in return, not leaving Hank out for being such a good boy, "thank you, darling. Have you eaten anything yet?"

"No, I put everything together and came up here as soon as I finished." The blonde stretched on her toes.

I sat on the bed and grabbed the tray to situate it in front of me, patting the empty space opposite of the tray to invite her to eat with me. Obediently, she sat on the said spot, except we didn't have an extra fork and I was not in the mood to eat with my hands especially when my bed set was completely white.

I asked her to stay put and ran downstairs to grab her a fork, it was the least I could do when she woke up early to prepare me a well-balanced meal.

When I returned her head was hung low as she fidgeted with her fingers, on side of her hair tucked in behind her ear.

Before reaching her I ran to the window to greet the morning sun that was shining warmly and gently, loving how it immediately kissed my skin good morning.

I traveled back to my spot and handed the metal fork to the girl who thanked me softly and began to dig in, almost like she thought to eat with me since the serving was more than my stomach could handle.

"How are you feeling?" I asked the girl. It was clear that she wasn't angry anymore but I wanted to make sure she was feeling well enough to talk about everything that happened yesterday.

"So-so." She replied.

I was also aware that I was partly to blame, for her reaction so I had to start, "Promise me you will let me explain everything with no interruptions. Just please give me your attention." She nodded a yes in response as she took a berry between her plump lips, the tint of the natural juice staining the center of her kisser.

"When Dr. Tesfaye asked me to think of something that would help me leave the house I thought about it deeply and came up with a solution, I'm glad to say that it was a solution because I think it worked." I grinned briefly, "I went to go see Jun's dad. And I know it might've been dangerous but I had to see that he was locked up and away from me with my own two eyes.

Some time ago I found a letter Jun wrote to his parents and it felt wrong that I had it—his parents deserved to have it, they deserved to read every painful word and then become a nightmare. I wrote a letter too but he didn't read it." I remembered why and what he said but I was going to leave that part out temporarily for the sake of the girl's heart who didn't need words or signs to show me what she was feeling.