Chapter 4: How Do You Know?

It was 7 am and I had already showered and done every routine that I created for myself to feel and be clean. I wore some light makeup, only adjusting and fixing my hair not putting any jewelry on.

I headed downstairs and woke Jun up giving the boy the option to shower because I was aware he had no clean clothes to change into, still I offered him the shower and let him know I had extra towels to lend him. He thanked me and nodded with his face still showing the whole world that he had just woken up. His face was puffy and eye bags heavy. I'm sure my parents won't be too happy with him staying with me and as for now all I could do was hope that he'll prove them wrong and make them trust him.

I received a message from Rosie as Jun stood up to head to the bathroom. "Do you trust him?"

"Yes darling im an adult with the ability to make my own decision and trusting him enough to let him in my home was one of them."

"Babe I meant
I trust that you trust him I was talking about the fact that we're supposed to be laying low and he's gonna see me when I go over." She cleared up.

Oh, that's right. Things have felt like a new normal that I forgot my girlfriend is a sexy worldwide singer and model with rumors going around saying they have proof of her dating someone. I'm glad I live my little happy introverted life at my restaurant I don't know how celebrities deal with gossip and rumors, having the whole world watching and judging you.

"That I don't know the answer to
I'll talk to him though, before, and we can just hope he doesn't say something."

"Right, hope."

I frowned at the last message because although I wasn't seeing her face I could tell she was bothered by it. Maybe not bothered but scared because of what's on the line here however if the guy who started the very true rumor does have proof, whatever we do now doesn't matter. Plus I can't be hidden forever, sooner or later the results are gonna be the same, people will hate us or love us, my restaurant may do better or it may be burned down, and her sexuality will be supported or frowned upon. Point is, it doesn't matter at least not for me.

I shook the thoughts off as I put myself in Roseanne's shoes, how her fans will affect her career and her image. She can lose a lot because she isn't a regular working person like me. I had to be mindful of just how different our situations are.

I put on my running shoes hurrying around the house to gather my things as I wanted to stop by to buy breakfast for Jun and I as well as my family. My shoes were a hot neon pink matching my windbreaker because the days were starting to get cold. Attire has to be different now from when I started seeing Roseanne which was in mid-June.

Holy shit it's been 4 months and it's felt like a decade that I've known her.

We rushed out of my house and hopped in to get to the airport, stopping at a cafe nearby to make sure that we had enough time to make the pit stop and not risk having angry parents attempting to FaceTime me asking me where the hell I am.

I hopped out of my car to run into the cafe and just my luck the doors were locked with a big sign that I missed saying, 'drive-thru services only.'

This is fucking ridiculous.

Luckily I had a hearing and speaking teen in my car who worked as a waiter therefore not being anxious to order through the drive-thru. I ran back to my car and sent him a text message of the things I wanted. I was thinking he was going to lean in towards me but instead he managed to pull his lanky body to the back without opening any doors like an octopus that can maneuver its slimy body through any small space. Weird, intelligent, and delicious creatures I thought.