Chapter 12:Second-Second Date

An unexpected reunion with the girls was on my schedule for today, and I didn't have time to prepare anything in advance.

Roseanne has developed a new habit of making plans and leaving out details or not letting me know about said plans at all. Or perhaps she has always had this habit I just didn't know about it.

I was excited to see the girls again—don't get me wrong—especially because most of the times that we've hung out, or briefly met, was when they were dripping in sweat and energized by nothing but bananas.

Thankfully I had the ingredients to make pizza from scratch. When I once learned to make pizza on my own I never bought again; even when I was tired I'd force myself up just to make it because the taste differs immensely.

Tomato sauce was always ready in my fridge from batches I make since it's a common staple for other dishes and cheese that I order to be delivered to my house along with different types of meats from my favorite local butcher.

I was excited to feed them my pizza but was anxious about the time closing in. If I work fast enough, when they arrive the pizza should be almost finished and in the oven. I had to make it work and well I've worked at a restaurant so this shouldn't be an issue.

Roseanne still wasn't here which was upsetting because not only would I have greatly appreciated her help and on the note that it was last minute, but I wanted to see her alone even if it was for a minute.

We've only briefly talked since the day of our first therapy appointment; just casual 'How are you doing' and 'Eat well's along with reminders to drink water. It was good, great even because it showed that she cared I just really wanted to see her.

I got the wine drinking started a bit early because I wanted to feel a bit relaxed under the pressure of making pizza from scratch and looking like a hot mess. And just to my luck I heard a knock—a couple of knocks and no voice to confirm that it was the girls so I was hesitant about opening the door; hesitant and terrified until the melody played notifying me that my doors had been unlocked to reveal the blonde with the girls behind her. Meanwhile, I was still in my black apron covered in flour, and the dough was still not ready even though it's been a while since I'd let it sit.

I couldn't complain though, my movements were much slower, more fatigued, and weaker. I couldn't complain at all because the blame was mine and mine only.

Lisa hugged me first almost knocking me over like an eager dog and it took Jisoo to pull her away from me so that Jennie could follow and give me the gentlest and warmest hug ever. Jisoo gave me a normal hug but she smelled amazing so that was good and it was then that I realized she was carrying a couple of bags.

Roseanne was last but not least to hug me and I wish it would've been followed with a kiss, a passionate I missed you kiss. I was complicated, I wanted to do things people are dating yet I broke up with her. Maybe I'm the problem.

"What's that?" I asked the blonde pointing at Jisoo's large bag.

"Food, we bought some on the way here. We had a meeting back in the company building I'll talk to you about it later." She tapped the tip of my nose.

I gave her an understanding nod despite my disappointment about not feeding the girls pizza, all the kneading and beating I gave the dough for me to not even have to make it. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow, there's nothing wrong with eating pizza alone while watching TV. What kind of pissed me off though was that I had let her know I was making it and I would've appreciated a heads up so I would've saved my energy because now I was tired and out of breath.

I frowned at the thought, I have never felt this beat up when making pizza. I was hoping that I was still getting to the fully healed stage and that I wasn't permanently like this.

Strange (Rosé x fem reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara