Epilogue:Lisa's Bestfriend

Epilogue, readers will believe that they woke up and went into the next day describing waking up in a tent but it's actually a few years later. They now have a kid and they're sharing their camping trip memories with her for the first time. The girls are still around and so is Mike who's now in college.

Despite the huge tree covering and guarding us from the sun, our tent still felt hot enough to act as an alarm clock and wake us up. Still from the amount of swimming and jumping around I did last night I tried to ignore the oppressive heat just to catch a few more minutes of down time.

My tank tops strap was being tugged but not in a manner of asking for attention, it thoughtlessly tugged and a smile was manifested as I knew exactly who it was.

Slowly peeling my eyes open to adjust to the natural light gifted by the sun, I stared at one of the walls of the tent that had drops of moisture held in place while some ran down.

I turned around and faced the girl who was to blame for the tugging and playing happening with my shirt, "Morning." She smiled back as she playfully pinched my cheeks:

"Are you ready for today?" I formed the letter Y with both of my hands and brought them down to my waist.

She extended her arms up with her mouth agape indicating that she screamed from excitement, her body elongating. She stood up and began jumping on the mattress.

"Hey I know you're excited but we need to go brush our teeth before eating and having fun." Her shoulders fell forward and her turgid bottom lip stuck out. I'm sure she hated the idea of brushing her teeth because it ruined the fun.

We changed our clothes and unzipped the tent to exit. Right away I spotted my wife having a conversation with our friends over instant coffee and store bought donuts. When we were spotted, she stood up and came to hug the both of us, giving us a kiss on the cheek.

"Mom said I have to brush my teeth before having fun, I hate brushing my teeth." She expressed extravagantly.

"I'm sorry but mom is right. It'll only take a few minutes and then we can eat and play ok?" Our daughter nodded in agreement but disappointment. She ran off to Lisa who also had just exit her tent and they began making their way to cabin that held the bathrooms. "And thank god you're awake because I'm starving. Not that I can't cook myself I'm just addicted to your food."

"Who isn't, I'm a Michelin star chef after all." I winked at her before returning the kiss on the cheek and running to the girls who were on their way to brush their teeth.

Our tradition was still going strong and we went camping every year, changing it from just the weekend to a whole week. Recently though we had a new addition whom I birthed 4 years ago. We did take one year off since we were dedicated to caring for her and didn't want to risk anything but soon we brought her along and let's just say she's a bigger fan of camping than Lisa. I'm also pretty sure Lisa is her favorite aunt from the fact that Lisa likes to say yes when we say no.

After we brushed our teeth we returned to our place and I began preparing breakfast for all of us including Mike who I yet have to see and greet. And just as I guessed he didn't come crawling out of his tent but rather came from the road, sweaty and shirtless from his morning run.

He went to trade school nearby and has recently been working under a professional company where he work overnight to work on stores and other buildings.

Since he moved in he has had a couple of girlfriends here and there but still hasn't met the one because as he says, "he doesn't feel that marriage vibe" yet even though he only takes them on one date and calls it a night.

Still I enjoy having him around and him doing my grocery runs. He only does them and takes his niece with him to hopefully catch someone's attention for being a cool uncle or whatever yet he doesn't know they think he's a dad who either has baby momma issues or is taken and in a happy healthy relationship.

Roseanne stood next to me as I moved the food around in the cast iron skillet, "Thank you for the food and being such a lovely woman who I can call my wife."

"Well you were the one who put a ring on it." I smiled at her before she snuck behind me to rest her chin on my head and enclose me with her arms. I shifted my eyes for a split second to see where our daughter was and to no surprise she was attentively discussing the characteristics of a rock she found to Jennie who looked genuinely amused. Jisoo was scavenging for something on the floor and when I thought she was going to join in with a rock she handed her an acorn. Lisa though was actually looking for rocks to compete with her to see who has the better rock.

I grabbed the disposable plates and began serving everyone an equal portion, adding a small premade fruit cup that I made and kept in a cooler for my daughter, adding some greens because her doctor wanted us to be strict about her diet—not that I would've given her a bad diet to begin with. I was honestly just glad she didn't mind the greens and I thank myself and Rosie for not allowing her to have sweet and sugary drinks until much later. That's the only thing I don't allow Lisa to say yes to when we say no.

It didn't take long for her to finish her food leaving us with no other option but fulfill our very eager toddler's wishes which included walking to the small pirate themed park, getting ice cream from the small food stand next to the gift shop and swimming until they closed the pools. That's what she says is in her agenda until we get to swimming where she lasts about an hour and a half until she's pleading to nap. Thankfully we are prepared and bought an umbrella so that she could nap on the lunge chair, in our view, and without the sun bothering/damaging her skin.

It was then when we continued to swim since she was accustomed to sleeping with noise around her. We played a couple of rounds of pool volleyball and then did chicken fights with Rosie and I teaming up and going against Jisoo and Lisa or Mike and Jennie.

When we'd get hungry from wasting all the energy at the pool we'd back out momentarily to eat, allow the food to settle and then we went back to the pool until the night began to greet us. The hot tub was relaxing but it was too hot for it, making the hot tub experience uncomfortable.

Instead, we'd head to the shower, clean ourselves from the fun day we had and detangle our hair from webs and knots thanks to the harsh pool water and heat.

And that's when we settled back around the campfire like we did our first day. Laughing and making s'mores, drinking and talking about our lives. Just the perfect night to spend time with everyone around.

With my daughter sleeping on me as I stared at the colors from the fire and my wife with her head on my shoulder, arms crossed as she showed off her fabulous wedding ring I just couldn't be any happier.

Sure the beginning of us wasn't particularly the best but it led up to now and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Even if it's not a night of camping, even if we're just at home having dinner, I still wouldn't trade it because damn it, Roseanne Park is my wife.

And not only did I love her, my daughter and life, but I loved myself too.

——

And this marks the last chapter of Strange, I don't know if I should WOOOO or wooo ;(

Thanks to all my supporters tho, especially the few that tuned in and commented or stared chapters (quite frankly I don't know what that does so I don't really care about that lmao) etc.

You guys are all invited to my birthday party fr, I would say I'd try to hire blackpink but who needs them when I can sing all the few songs they have FOR FREE LMAO

But again thank you all and I hope to see you guys in the next story I decide to release which is still in the process of being chosen. I appreciate all of you and I hope you guys enjoyed Strange

BYE NOW <3