Chapter 10:Rosanno

Breakfast.

It's said for it to be the most important meal of the day, but is it really?

I can't reach the cereal boxes which I stored on the top shelf of my pantry and that's all I had the energy to make. I was really hungry though so I guess I could try to cook something; thing is, my pans were too heavy, my Japanese knives felt like bricks and my appetite had faded from the frustration of being pretty much useless.

I've never felt so weak and helpless in my life and it was embarrassing. I couldn't even cook my own meals. Guess my craving for Potato Rosti with smoked salmon, egg, and hollandaise was going to continue being a craving.

This mandarin should do.

As I peeled the small fruit I heard footsteps sliding across the floor and cringed at the sound, meanwhile, the footsteps cringed at me for not wearing slippers, "Good morning, why are you barefoot love? The floor is cold." She kissed my temple and opened my fridge—opening it like she knew where my tender belly bacon was this whole time. "I'll make breakfast, but I'm only capable of a good old breakfast so I hope that's ok." Well, it's not potato rosti, salmon, egg, and hollandaise but it was certainly better than this small delicious mandarin.

She began the process of surfing through my kitchen and gathering ingredients with occasional questions like, 'What is truffle salt?' or 'On a scale of 1-10 how do you like your toast?'

It was adorable, looking like she knew what she was doing and lost all at the same time and the fact that she was wearing her glasses intensified the feelings. But her presence felt strange, having her in front of me with a sizzling pan felt unreal.

I sat patiently the whole time until a square white plate was in front of me with 2 sunny-side-up eggs, 2 bacon slices, and toast; more bacon being spread on another plate.

"I hope you like it Chef y/n. I put all of my sweat and love into this."

"Oh, that's why the egg is salty." I scrunched my face but she didn't get the joke and picked up that I meant it from the sweat part. My smile faded and I stared at the food in front of me, "joking, I was joking. The egg is perfect." I cleared up.

It was a great meal and delicious at that but I tried not to enjoy it too much, and I don't mean the meal I meant having her next to me, making me breakfast, and having a conversation. I didn't want to get used to this and maybe I wasn't trusting her enough but I can't trust the person who doesn't feel like my gf and left multiple times.

I should tell her soon.

"Rock paper scissors on that last piece?" She pointed at the delicious, meaty stripe sitting alone on the plate, "You can have it, thank you for breakfast." I gave her a genuine smile and moved to the sink to wash my dishes.

Something that surprised me about Roseanne was that despite the small chaotic situation she was having, she kept clean and organized. Used pots and dishes were already drying including the blender she used to make us healthy juice, saying she enjoyed the ones I gave her and the girls when they were feeling down and tired.

She soon joined me on the sofa and tried to snuggle with me while I sat like a statue. "How are the girls by the way? Will they continue the tour?"

"No, they supported me and left too. I feel horrible for our fans but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the ones you love." She giggled into my shoulder, leaving short kisses on it.

Maybe the right time is now.

"You know Roseanne, I thought about breaking up with you while you were on tour." Straight to the point. There was no need to beat around the bush I never saw the point of it, "I told Alice at the hospital." Her head lifted away from my shoulder and although carrying a serious face I knew that sentence hurt her. I'm also sure that Alice told her which is why she was here in the first place, trying to make up missing time.