Chapter 7:First Words

A fancy breakfast wasn't created by my hands this morning because this honey cereal sufficed to pleasure my taste buds.

Jun and I sat at the kitchen island since he had finally returned about 3 days ago and with more clothes as well as his own blanket. He had gone shopping when he had gone over to his friends and it's not that I wouldn't buy him clothes I just don't know his style since all I've ever seen him wear were black jeans and my restaurant shirts.

But there was a third uninvited guest resting on the island. A huge bouquet of red roses, probably bigger than the one she held on the cover of her BAZAAR magazine. I'm positive Jun was more surprised than me since he continued to admire the object with milk dripping down his chin.

Sure they were beautiful and a cute gesture for her to try and apologize—even if I didn't know what she was apologizing for. Hiding? Lying? Ignoring me? Perhaps doing something that made her feel guilty and apologized only because she got caught by Alice and I? Maybe all of the above.

All I wanted was have her communicate with me like a grown adult and get the reason to why she had been acting so weird and ignored me after our night that I still couldn't stop thinking about. Even if I was planning to ignore her first, but that's besides the point.

My surgery was scheduled for tomorrow and with my current situation I cursed myself for just abruptly saying yes to the surgery like a girlfriend who knows her partner has a side chick and thinks a ring is going to secure her place as the only one. I was scared that maybe my dad was right.

I threw the note away not reading the words it contained because even if she might've instructed people to write those exact words they didn't come from her directly. I wanted to face time her or the least, receive a hand written note that was written by her own left hand. Or maybe she's stalling because she doesn't want to tell me that I was horrible at making her cum. Now I'm doubting myself on if I even made her cum that night.

That night was still perfect in my head it was just stained by her running away in the morning and not really talking to me since. I hated that it was forever going to play in my mind like that but what could I do?

I finished my cereal and left Jun at the table who had terrible eye bags under his dark almond eyes. I felt for the boy because of the terrible life he was born into making him work doubles when he had the chance and attend school at the same time. I was glad I was giving him a safe home though, it's the least I could do. Quite unfair and cruel to have kids when you'll leave them to fiend on their own when they least needed it. I had to step up and be the person he did need and I tried my best to make this comfortable.

Yet still I felt alone even with the boy roaming around my house.

I went to my room and sat in front of my vanity. I tucked my hair behind my ears and imagined myself with my new devices coming out of my ears and wrapping behind. I wish fairy tales were real because instead of looking at myself I'd ask my mirror if things were going to turn out ok; and I'd take a yes even if it only covered one aspect of my multiple troubles I was going through. And maybe if fairy tales were real my love life wouldn't be... this.

In the long run though I figured that they would be worth it. Hearing the coos of my baby in the future, the first words, the kids choir Christmas show and maybe my baby will be born a great singer too and I want to be able to hear that, to be supportive.

Quite frankly I was more afraid of being under the knife, it was more terrifying rather than the thought of wanting to turn back time and take back wanting the surgery. It was just two hours though. Just two hours.

And it felt like seconds, minutes at the most.

The internal component was in my head and the nurse was waiting anxiously for me to wake up to tell the doctor who was excited for this new me. I had seen the external components, a black device that would easily be covered by my hair, still, seeing them on a table next to me after I woke up with a headache definitely made things feel real.