Chapter 22:Home

Roseanne decided that runs in the morning were a great idea and ultimately I agreed. Usually, in the mornings not a lot of people were up and about and there was nothing some sunglasses and a face mask couldn't fix.

And today we also decided that bringing Hank along was a good idea.

At first, I was a bit hesitant because I didn't want to leave Rummy home alone but I also couldn't bring her along since I don't want to make her nervous or overly anxious as she meets new people and environments where she is supposed to be a wild predator that instead gets good nights songs and dances.

The park near the house consisted of a long trail that was spilt into sections across the whole city. Our section ran through a small local park, a small lake that was home to a few fish and ducks, a field of Clinopodium Douglasii that blessed the air with a sweet slightly fresh scent, 2 schools a tennis court, and trees. There was more grass and special mint fields than trees but it was all still mesmerizing.

There were rumors here and there that coyotes roamed the trails and parks but never enough to concern all the surrounding families that allowed their children to go to the park with their friends. The neighborhood also hosted monthly movie nights and game days but I never thought of attending because before I was busy with work and my life that it never crossed my mind. But now that I was thinking about it, it wasn't such a bad idea.

I tugged on Rosie's sleeve as we were now walking to cool down, "what do you think about attending the neighborhood movie night?" With the recent news, she's been active again. Not as much as before since they just started and are resting the waters but she's been flying more frequently than I would've liked. She also still housed major fashion deals and modeled for lots of magazines as well as participated in interviews for the fans that still stuck around after the announcement they made about quitting the company.

"Please tell me it's where the neighborhood gathers and sits on the grass with snacks and watches the movie on a big white screen."

"Exactly it. So what do you say, captain? I think they're screening Stuart Little."

She smiled, "I think it sounds like a plan that I'm really looking forward to—oh, and by the way I wanted you to meet my new manager soon. She's gonna be with me most of the time and I just think you guys should meet to avoid surprises." She laughed.

I told her that it was also something I was looking forward to although I will admit to say that I felt a bit jealous when she mentioned her and spent most of her time with her. I knew it was only her job but I felt some sense of arrogant pride when I realized she'd meet me soon as her girlfriend. A smile formed on my face at the thought.

Roseanne stopped in her tracks and raised her index finger asking for a minute. She dug her large phone out of her windbreaker's pocket and answered the phone. She fingerspelled her manager's name.

I was holding Hank's leash and while Rosie was on call I decided to sit on the edge of the lake to look at the ducks that were happily swimming around. He sat between my legs telling me he wanted slightly aggressive head rubs and massages that he receives as part of his nightly routine.

Rosie's mom has told us that we babied them too much and at first I wanted to deny it but my camera roll is filled with us taking care of them like human babies and making them wear matching socks to sleep which both Rummy and Hank absolutely loved.

After some time Rosie finally came back and tapped me on the shoulder immediately telling me that we have to go. I was confused and questioned it but she only handed me a vague answer. "Looks like she was surprised after all."

——

All day Roseanne has been making phone calls in the comfort and safety of our living room to family, friends, the girls, and other people including a lawyer because well maybe we didn't have so much safety after all. My body shuddered as I looked toward one of my windows, my skin began to itch and my brain began to fill with worry.