Chapter 3

Zoey p.o.v

I woke up this morning with zero interest in going to work today, after what happened yesterday. The most annoying part was that he is our boss. I just hope we won't be crossing parts which are highly impossible. With the number of floors and employees the company has, and with his disinterest in me. Of course, we won't be crossing parts.

That is if he hasn't ordered a dismissal letter.

I reluctantly got up from bed, to start up my day.

I have to move on with life.

"Zoey, I'm off. Breakfast is on the table, make sure to eat before you leave." Mom called from the living area.

"Okay mom, love you." I called back.

"Love you too darling." she said, the sound of the door slamming shut announced her departure. I sighed and went to the bathroom.

"Good morning, miss Zoey." Brett greeted me with his constant smile on. I replied with a weak smile, not in a good mood today.

He opened the door for me, giving a wary look. I ignored him and made my way through, stopping by Sophia station. Maya was there too, but was on the phone. I think attending to the person in front of her.

I waved at her and she waved back, before going back to her business.

"You look awful. A gloomy look doesn't suit you at all." Sophia said and grimaced.

I rolled my greyish orbs and didn't have the strength to give her a reply.

"But seriously, where were you yesterday? You left without a word. Do you realize how worried we were?"

"I'm sorry, I was just too suffocated and I went out for some fresh air." I sighed. A yawn escaped my lips. I am exhausted both mentally and physically.

"Anyway, here is your usual glass of refreshment." She gave me a glass of water, I sipped it and returned it.

"Thanks."

"welcome dear." She smiled sweetly at me.

"Alright, bye see you at lunch." We said our goodbyes.

Just as I turned to leave, I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry...."  The words died in my mouth at the sight of who I had run into.

I gaped like a fish out of water, shot of words to say. I couldn't even think straight, that's the effect he has on me. Knowing I looked like an idiot just standing there, I snapped out of my daze.

"I'm sorry sir." I apologize, he didn't respond neither did he seem like he notice me. He was strong and dominant, just looking forward.

"What department are you in?" His powerful husky voice spoke with a resounding bass on it that always makes the female population breathless.

"Sales department," I whispered. Everyone had stopped what they were doing and was now watching us. I fidgeted with my nails, nervous as I was the center of an awkward position.

They only looked away, pretending to be doing their business when he turned to walk away without saying anything else.

"He isn't going to fire you just for bumping into him, is he?" Sophia asked with shock on her face. I'm sure everyone has the same shock expression too.

I even have one too.

My shoulders dropped in defeat, I knew he would demand my dismissal letter. Tears well in my eyes, I bite my bottom lips to stop them from trembling. I blinked back the tears, and continued my walk to the employees' elevator.

The elevator dinged and the door opened on our floor. I relaxed on my chair and relaxed against the backrest, I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath to calm my racing heart rate.

"Zoey?" someone called my name. I opened my eyes. Mrs. Rose was standing in front of my desk, with her usual blank expression.

"Yes ma'am?" I answered and stood up.

"Come with me." She turned around, walking away. I stood still confused, but quickly composed myself and ran after her. We boarded the elevator and she pressed the button for the top floor.

That's the 50th floor, which also happens to be the CEO's floor.

"Ma'am where are we going?" I asked, risking being scolded for asking too much.

"The boss demands your presence." She stated before adding silently. "I don't know what you did for him to call you over."

I didn't respond because I didn't know how to, and because secondly, I was melting inside. He can't possibly fire me just because of our past, can he? I didn't have enough time to process the information before the elevator door opened.

There was no one in sight as the floor was reserved for the CEO, because he is a private person. So I've been told.

But I think this whole floor is too big for one person, when he bought this company. A lot of renovation was made on this floor, but no one knows what was up here.

Nobody was allowed up here. I think Mrs Rose and I are the first employees that have been here so far.

Mrs Rose knocked on the oak door with a sign on it 'CEO'. We waited for a while.

"Come in." His voice was faint but loud enough for us to hear. Mrs. Rose quietly pushed the door open, guess I wasn't the only scared here.

I smirked but quickly fixed my face back.

"Good morning sir, you called for us." Mrs Rose spoke. Marco didn't respond immediately, or acknowledge us.

We just stood there staring at him, and waiting for him to acknowledge us. While he is busy typing on his computer,

It has been a while now, my feet are starting to hurt from standing with heels. I quietly squirm around to lessen the pain but it is only making it worse.

I have been struggling with myself from making any sound to the extent of biting my lip.

"You can take them off." He spoke but it was like a breeze that I didn't get what he said.

"Huh?" I was confused. He sighed and looked up.

"I said you should take the heels off," he repeated. I thought I heard wrong.

"I'm fine sir." I forged a smile in a polite gesture. I lowered my head to the floor to avoid staring at him like a clown.

"She is from your department, I suppose?" Marco directed his question to Mrs. Rose.

"Yes." She replied immediately without skipping a bit.

"You will find a replacement for her," he instructed. If I was scared of what this meeting was about, it save to tell you. I am paralyzed.

Please don't forget to vote, share and most importantly don't forget to comment.

Please leave your comment, and let me know if you are enjoying this story.♥️♥️♥️♥️

Amirablessing 🌹🌹🌹