Chapter 27

Zoey P.o.v

Five hours. Five long, agonizing hours of my life. I waited, waited to get even an air of how the treatment was going.

I haven't moved from the living room since, the room stink of the blood that once pooled on the floor. A maid came and wiped the blood away a while ago, but the metallic smell lingered.

I began pacing the living room again, I've lost count of how many times I had paced this room in the last five hours. I kept glancing at the door they disappeared into, hoping one of them will appear, but each time I get disappointed.

I groan and get frustrated, rubbing my hands over my face a hundred times, catching a glimpse of the dried blood on the back of my hand. That was when I took notice, that the blood wasn't just on my hand but was scattered over my front, staining my dress.

I couldn't stop myself from cringing in disgust, the guilt that stabbed my chest left me breathless. I found myself gasping for air, I pulled at my skin wanting to get rid of the blood.

“I need to get out of this.” I raced to my room, immediately stripped, and got under the shower. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing as I scrubbed the blood off, my body rocking from the force as I sobbed uncontrollably.

It's my fault, I will be held responsible if anything happened to them. Worst, what if any of them died, will I be able to face their families?

Nothing of this would have happened, if I hadn't threatened them that day.

Flashback. A week earlier.

I received an acceptance email from Diner, I went to the interview a few days ago. But I had given up when I didn't receive any emails from them as they said, only to receive the shock of my life.

I'm delighted, I can't even express it.

“You can't accept this job, you know that, right?” Camilla spoke, I rolled my eyes. She's been too defensive of Marcos, and so adamant about having this job.

“For the last time, Camilla, I will take this job. I did wait on Marco to let me get a job, but since, he doesn't intend to come back or contacting us. I think it is time I decide for myself.” I hissed, slightly irritated.

Why do have to ask Marco for permission before doing anything? 

“I'm starting work tomorrow and if Marco gets even the wind of it, I will kill myself. And I'm not joking.” I spoke loudly so that everyone would hear me, including the bodyguards he planted around to provide him information about my whereabouts.

I also raised an empty bottle of poison for them to see before walking away, smirking to myself.

•••

I came out of the bathroom, eyes red and swollen from all the crying I did in the bathroom. I feel better than earlier, but I still couldn't shake the feeling of guilt away, it's like a dark cloud looming over me.

I entered the closet and picked out simple clothes and wore them, then walked out only to freeze for a moment. I quickly recovered but ignored the figure in the room.

I can feel him glaring at him, but I don't give a shit about him at the moment. But I doubt that's the same for him, I felt his presence behind me before he reaches out and grabs by the shoulder. I was forcefully facing them, I returned his glare with a harsh one.

“Let go.” I hissed, shoving his hands away.

“I gave an order before leaving, yet you choose to disobey me.” Anybody would be running for their lives, from the death glare he was sending my way.

“Yet, here I am unharmed. Why did you have to hurt them when I was the one you should be hurting.” I wasn't yelling as I had planned to, but the rage within me feels like it will explode, and I can't seem to find my voice.

I was choking in anger.

“They deserve whatever the fuck I did to them.” That did it, the silence that followed the slap I gave him was deadly. We stood that way, with his face still tilted to the side from the impact of the slap.

Marco's expression was transformed into a rage, and his eyes quickly flashed fire. Furiously, he parted his perfect lips to speak, but I beat him to it.

“You should punish me instead, I was the culprit, I disobeyed you,” I growl, it seemed to have touched Marco's last bit of patience.

He took a fast step forward, closing the gap between us, then bent down to sweep me off my feet.

I reacted fast.

I kneed him in the stomach so hard that I almost lost my balance, unexpectedly, Marco stumbled a few feet back. The impact of my kneeling him shouldn't have made him stumbled.

I bet nobody dared to do this to him, especially not a woman. My hands formed into tight fists by my side, getting ready to hit him in the face if he didn't back up.

However, my knuckles loosened up when I noticed a weird expression on Marco's face.

I have never seen it before, he looks like he's in pain. A lot of pain.

Marco fisted the fabric of his shirt, the part I had kneed. There was a dark red pool forming. Fast and quickly, it grew twice its previous size within a second.

The scene was ugly.

“Marco?” I called out worried.

My hand flew up to cover my mouth when the first droplet fell and stained the white-furred carpet on the floor. Another followed, and the next thing I knew, a river of blood was gushing out of Marco's stomach.

He was bleeding. Furiously.

Please comment and vote 🥰🥰🥰

Amirablessing 🌹 🌹🌹