Chapter 7

Zoey p.o.v

I sat on the same spot in the big living area where I'd been waiting for Marco to return. I don't what time it is now. I didn't bother to check either because I was very sure I would get even more angry than I already was.

At some point, I fell asleep. Woke up not too long ago by the maid, she has been begging me to eat something. But I am too angry to think about food. The only thing I can think of is how I was going to blow off Marco's ears.

At the point I can feel the rage boiling within, I fist my knuckles and my feet tap on the floor, anticipating the moment where I would unleash the anger.

"Ma'am. please, you really need to eat something. My boss won't be pleased if he comes to know that you haven't had anything since morning." She pleaded, but I easily ignored her like I'd been doing before.

"Ma'am please...." She was interrupted by the sound of the door being swung open. Immediately, my grey orbs lock on the intruder. Well, not an intruder, because this is basically his house.

I know I'm glaring daggers at him with the way I'm tensed and breathing heavily. But why won't I? This is the second time he has been holding me hostage, and I'm not about to allow a third time to happen.

I won't be pushed around like a kid, enough of people trying to dictate my life. If he hadn't showed up in my life suddenly, I wouldn't have been in that situation in the morning.

I'm not naive. Neither am I stupid, I know for a fact that we were being targeted. I will not be a subject to anyone's game.

"Good evening sir." The maid greeted him. I didn't bother with her name because I was sure I wouldn't be there again. But what she just said struck me like a bolt of thunder.

What the hell! It's evening already?

Now my glares are more severe.

Marco grunted in response to her and he took off his suit. Note, not the same one I saw him wear in the morning.

"Is there any problem?" He directed the question to the maid but his stares were fixed on me. I matched his stare, I would not back down.

"Yes sir, Madam refuse to have anything." She reported, it almost seem as if she was reporting me to my mom.

He nodded and waved his hand, dismissing her. She hurriedly went her way. My guess is that she is scared of him, but who wouldn't? After all, he is a Mafia don.

That's a well-known fact, he is ruthless when it comes to those that offend him. That was why he is labeled VENOM.

"Why didn't you eat?" He hissed at me the second the maid went out of sight.

"Because someone made me too angry to feel anything else." I hissed back at him, he won't come here and act angry while I should be the one to be angry.

He ignored my statement.

"You should eat. You didn't eat breakfast." He affirmed. Taking the cover off the food, the maid placed it on the table before me.

"Whether I eat or not should not be your concern, it's either you take me home or I'll find my way home." I retorted. What was he thinking, that I would gladly accept anything he told me?

"You wouldn't dare." He challenged, daring me to go against him. Sorry my darling, people change. The younger me would have done what he told me to.