Chapter 13

Zoey p.o.v

I woke up this morning feeling lazy, sleepy and exhausted. I didn't sleep until 2am. I wasn't familiar with this place, so it will take some getting used to.

I asked to have my own room and, surprisingly, agreed without a fight.

I found my way to the bathroom, did my business and brushed my teeth. I went back to bed, I still want to sleep so badly. Just as I got settled in bed, a knock sounded from the door, startling me.

"It's so early and I want some sleep." I hissed in irritation. I wanted to ignore whoever was on the other side, but the knock came again. And this time louder.

I mumbled under my breath as I furiously made my way to the door.

"This had better be valid," I muttered to myself. I swung the door open, coming face to face with my least favorite person as of now.

Marco stood in front of me, and staring at me as if I should start the conservation.

"What can I help you with?" I asked when I realized he wasn't going to say anything.

"I'm going to the office." He responded. The light went off in my head. It was then I realized that Marco was dressed in one of his expensive suits. Well groomed and ready to leave any second.

"Oh shit! Why didn't you wake me up early?" I exclaimed, running back into my room.

"That isn't necessary, especially when you don't sleep until 2am." Marco spoke from behind me. He closed the door after him.

"What? How did you....  Nevermind, please just give me a second and I'll be ready in no time." I made to go to the bathroom but Marco's words made me stop.

"You won't be going to the office with me anymore, you just have to stay here to do whatever you like." He said. I stared at him dumbfounded.

"What do you mean?" My high pitched voice was calm, so calm I couldn't hear myself.

"What I mean is that you're my Queen and I will treat you and take care of you no less than the queen you are meant to be." He brought out his chest in pride, proud of his silly decision.

You are my Queen? Why does he sound like a psycho to me?

So I'm his queen now? I would be fooled if I didn't know better where this queen's title was when he left me. Because I know for a fact that that is not a way to treat a queen the way he did with me.

I shook my head from any memory of the past, this is the present and I want to focus on it. That is why I won't let myself be fooled again.

"I didn't know what you are talking about, but I will be ready soon so we can go to the office."

"This isn't up for discussion, you are not working anymore and that is final," Marco boomed. He has turned into that cold and sarcy mafia leader that he is.

"The maid will bring your breakfast and clothes for you. Ask her if you need anything else," he said before walking away. I stared after his retreating back until he slammed the door, snapping me back to awareness.

"I don't get to choose my own outfit?" I whined. "What has my life turned into?" I threw my hair in the air, frustrated.

I sat in front of the flat screen TV in the living room, not paying attention to whatever was playing on it. My mind is completely hazy, but one thing is for sure. I knew I might go crazy if this continued. I felt like a prisoner here.

I've tried a few times to leave this place, but each time I got denied any access to leave. The front door has four guards protecting just one door, I thought they were kidding, but when I found out that Marco had instructed them not to step a foot out of the house. I knew this wasn't a joke.

So here I am, like last time waiting for Marco to get home because I had some talking to do. But unlike last time, I have a couple of fruits laid out on the table for me, like grapes, apples, strawberries, mangoes and

I do not want to starve, like why not take advantage of all those fruits stored in the refrigerator.

The front door opened and I was expecting it to be Marco, but to my greatest surprise. His mom, aunt Tricia, aunt Kara and aunt Valarie came in, they were chattering among themselves. I watched them walk in and being all distracted by whatever they were discussing and very loudly. I almost went invisible but aunt Tricia saw me.

She suddenly halted, causing aunt Kara to run into her.

"What's wrong Tricia?" Aunt Kara asked when she saw the shock look on her face. Tricia pointed at me. Almost immediately, their stare was fixed on me, and I swore they froze.

I squirmed under their gazes, I felt uncomfortable and odd, it's not as if I should have been there in the first place. And their stares just made it worse.

"Zoey?" Aunt Valarie was the one who broke the silence. I gave a stiff nod, knowing they didn't want me here and neither did I expect to see them at all.

I am confused and intimidated by their stare, that's until their faces with wide grin. I smile back nervously in return, not too sure how to feel. I mean, these are the mafia women.

"Oh my god! It's really you."

"How have you been?"

"We've missed you so much."

"Why are you here alone? "

"Where is Marco?"

"Are you guys back together?"

They fired questions at me. I didn't know which one to reply to first. But the last question got me raising an eyebrow.

What the f**k! Come back together? That is not possible.

When I didn't answer, Marco's mom came to my side and sat besides me. She held my hands in hers, beaming at me.

I returned her smile nervously, this woman, unlike her husband, still intimates me. Now don't get me wrong, she is a nice and sweet person, but I've seen her dark side.

"I'm so sorry we scare there, we were just so excited to see you." She apologized.

"It's okay ma'am, I'm also excited to see you all." I replied politely.

With that, the rest of them rushed and sat down, they were eagerly staring at me. As if I have something to tell them.

"So...... Are you guys together now?" Aunt Tricia asked, the rest of the wait for my reply eagerly.

"No." My reply was short, I saw them physically grunt and slumped back on their seats.

"Darn that boy." Aunt Kara snorted.

"I thought he could do better," Aunt Valarie added.

"Anyway, we are glad you are back." Marco's mom said and I nodded softly. "We were planning to stay here since he refused to come visit, but now I understand why." She sighed.

"But before we go back, let's tell you a story." Aunt Tricia wagged her eyebrows.

Please voteeeeeeeee, comment and share 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Amirablessing 🌹🌹🌹