Chapter 5

Zoey p.o.v

"There is a laptop filled with everything, watch a movie or surf the internet. Anything you want and need is there." He hissed.

My eyes widened in shock and my mouth fell open, even my brain froze for a second and I found it difficult to comprehend what left his luscious plum lips.

Did I just think about his lips? Ugh, focus brain.

"What?" I yelled, unintentionally. He didn't flinch or react to my unexpected outburst.

"What do you mean by watch a movie? How do I get paid for watching movies? Who in their right state of mind would do that?" I shook my head.

"I will, I will pay you for sleeping, eating, anything." He declared.

He has gone mad, that's a fact. But I'm not here to deal with his unrealistic and unreasonable words. I am here for work and that is what I will do. If not, I'm out of here.

"Listen, I don't know what you are playing at, but I won't sit here and do nothing. If I am here, then I would be working. So either you give me something to do or let me the fuck out of here." At this point, I was no longer sitting on the comfortable office chair, my hands slapped the desk loudly.

I flinched slightly, shocking myself.

Marco paused, he didn't react to my outburst immediately. I saw his head tilted to the side and shut his eyes. I might have angered him.

But when he returned to his work, he was calm as if my outburst hadn't happened. Neither does he seemed angry.

Instead, I was the one getting pissed, I was being held against my will with a silly excuse of an assistant. An assistant that isn't assigned to any errand, bullshit! He couldn't sit there calmly like he wasn't holding me captive.

I opened my mouth to voice out my mind but he beat me to it.

"I've had enough of your ranting, it is either you sit there and do as you are told or I make you. Don't try me." Marco growled, his voice was deeper and bolder that early.

I almost thought he was someone else, his threats sent waves of ice down my spine. If I said he was different from his younger self, now he was completely different, and he sounded so deadly, I wanted to hide away from it.

His whole demeanor right now is dangerous.

As stunned as I was, I didn't have to be told twice. And immediately fell back on my seat. I looked away from him scared shitless.

How did I forget who he is? I let my emotions get the best of me. I was lucky that I was still alive. I'm sure nobody dares to speak to him the way I just did.

I yelled at the man who leads the biggest mafia gang in the world, the same man that other mafia lords submit to. The same guy that killed a judge in a fucking court and got away with it.

Wasn't I just asking for my death?

There was silence between us, I didn't dare make a sound, neither did I have the courage to look at him.

"Look out at me." He hissed, my head snapped up. Eyes on him.

"I'm sorry I frightened you, it won't happen again." I was surprised at how soft and gentle his tone was.

Is he bipolar? I thought within me too afraid to say a word.

When I didn't reply, he sighed and went back to his work, leaving me in a shocked and embarrassed state.