Chapter 31

Marco p.o.v

"Oh my God, Marco, I'm so sorry I didn't know it was her." Rebecca apologize, I groan, knowing it isn't her fault.

"Oh my goodness, how much damaged have I caused? I truly didn't intend to cause you any trouble, I'm so sorry." She regretted.

I should have told Zoey about her in the first place. Zoey is my priority and I shouldn't have done anything to hurt.

"It's fine, we've been this way for two years now, so it's natural for you to introduce yourself like that." I told her reassuringly.

"Are you going to tell her everything now?" Rebecca asked.

"Of course, I don't hide anything from my wife." I almost hissed in irritation, I can't bring myself to hide this situation with Rebecca from Zoey. Even though we had sworn to keep it our secret.

"I think we should end it here as well, I would rather not complicate things further for you."Rebecca suggested.

I know her predicament, and the situation she's caught in. I had promised to help her through it, and I'm going to do just that.

"We still have a few months before you full access to your parents' property, and then we can end it."

"But I can't achieve my goals at the expense of your relationship with Zoey, I know she means the world to you, and you won't be able to bear the loss of her for the second time." She advised.

I know I can't live if I lose Zoey, I will fucking bury bullets in my skull for losing her again. That's why I will tell her about Rebecca and me, and how we managed to get here.

"I won't lose her." I assured her, also reassuring myself.

I can't lose her.

I can't lose her. I chanted in my head.

"Your shares are still at risk, ending this will cause you a lot." I warned.

"My shares are 15% bigger than shareholders in my dad's company, so it is safe, plus my step-brother hardly owes any share lately. Marco, I know you want to pay back for what I did years ago, but continuing this will make you lose her. That's if she hasn't already left."

I remain silent. She hasn't left, my boys would have informed me if otherwise.

I gave her a nod before I turned on my heel to go find my woman. Knowing Zoey, she's probably fuming right now.

Zoey p.o.v

I sat beside the window in my room, staring into nothingness. My mind is blank, my sight is clouded with tiny black dots. My thoughts are all over the place, I couldn't place a finger on a single thought going through my head, they are too many of them.

My emotions are also confused, I don't know what to feel or not. One minute I want to cry, the next I want to yell my lungs out, the next I wish to hit someone.

A single tear rolling down my cheek, and made a silent splash sound when the droplet connected with the piece of paper the creepy guy gave at the restaurant.

Ask him who is Christian O'Brien. That was the single sentence in the paper, but that sentence left me confused and doubtful.

Christian O'Brien? Who is he? He isn't just a nobody, if not that creepy wouldn't have informed me about him. But who is he, what does he have to do with me.

Most importantly, what has Marco done to him. Part of me was hoping Marco didn't do anything harmful to the unknown man, but with Marco's nature, there is a high chance that he has already done too much harm already.