Chapter 24

Zoey p.o.v

I didn't realize how much time had passed, we've been so engrossed with our conversation to care. We must talk about ourselves, or rather they told me almost if not all the things that happened in the house for the past couple of years. Funny or not.

I brush off any conversation leading to Marco, I'm not ready to open that chapter, especially to his little sisters.

And I must admit, I'm enjoying every bit of it.

“So… Are you guys like. Together now?” Isabella asked, killing my spirit.

I purse my lips together in lightly irritated, I'm irritated at myself because I still have deep feelings for that man and denying it seems to make the feelings grow.

I felt tears brimming up in my eyes, I'm confused. I can't seem to get a grasp of my emotions. I'm tore between having an open mind and fighting the feelings.

“No.” I shook my head, smiling bitterly at them as they watched me. I want both Marco and I together as much as they want it. But there's something holding me back, and I don't know what.

“Why not? You guys clearly love each other, what's the hold up.” Camilla blurted, her face held impatience.

Maybe she thinks I'm the hold up.

“That might not be the case for him.” I rolled my eyes. Love? I doubt that phrase exists in Marco's world.

I sipped from the orange juice, to distract my mind.

“He loves you. Why can't you see it.” That was Isabella.

“No, he's a control freak. That is what he's been doing since he came back into my life, and I don't need someone to control my life.” I didn't snap like I intended, I explained instead.

I just realized that Marco has always been a control freak, even as a kids. Back when we were kids, we only ever did whatever he wanted. He even had me on curfews, I couldn't do anything out of my own free will. I had to take permission from him for anything.

Oh my goodness, how come I didn't see all these things before. His controlling nature. I turned a blind eyed to it before, and I'm not about to make that mistake again.

Before any of us could say anything, heavy footsteps entered the room. Without having to look, I knew it's Marco. But I ignored him and pretended to notice him.

“Leave us.” He ordered, his baritone voice made my heart leap against my ribcage. Like I have said, he just proves me right.

I know who is ordering to leave, but I want to tease him and see his reaction. So, I stood up from the stool and made my way to the door behind Camilla.

But arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me to a hard chest, when I tried to walk past him. I could feel his hot breath, breathing down my neck.

I closed my eyes, relaxing into him subconsciously, from the effect of his breath and the hand that has gone under my dress. Running his fingers on my skin.

I shuddered as his fingers draw closer to my sex, I slammed my thighs together to keep the pressure out. But his fingers somehow managed to slip past my thighs, his lips made their way around my neck in an open - mouth kiss. His other hand left my abdomen, and cupped my right boobs.

Even through the clothes, I could feel the heat of his palm on me, like he was cupping my boobs directly.

“See? Even your body knows who they belong to.” Marco whispered in my ears, my body tingles in response.

His words echoed in my head, successfully snapping me out of the sexual daze. I pushed away from him, creating a safe distance between us.

I know, I look like a baked tomato right now, as the heat keeps stretching over my neck.

I cleared my throat to look more composed and calm.

“Stop denying it, it will be good for the both of us.” Marco sighed. He waited for me to say something prior to what he said, but I decided to change the topic instead.

“I need a job.” I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind, and I almost slapped myself for it.

Stupid.

Stupid. I cussed myself, I shouldn't have said that. Of all the things I wanted to say to him, it had to be my plans for seeking employment.

I hissed angrily.

“No you don't.” Marco snarled, taking a massive step forward, while I took two backward.

“I do.” I bite back, fuming, he had no right to tell me what I need and don't.

Some people don't change now, do they?

“I will fucking present the world at your feet, if you so much as breathe a word of it. So, I don't see the need to work, all the wealth I own is at your disposal. Don't you get it?” He seethes.

“I wasn't asking for your permission, I'm simply telling you.” I hissed.

Fuck him. I step side him, when attempted to cage me in his arms. I'm not going to let him gain control over my life, if he's looking for that timid girl I was. Then he should look somewhere else.

I won't allow myself to be dependent on him again.

“You are not working, no woman of mine will be working for some loose change. When I have everything to give her. I said you are not working and that is final.” He vented out, growling in my face as he as successfully cage me in his arms.

“To begin with, I. Am. Not. Your. Woman.” I grit out each word. If he wants me back in his life, I'd advise he uses another method like courting me again. Instead of just claiming me to be his.

“I am working because it wasn't up to you to decide.” I added, struggling my way out of his arms, but to no avail.

“Don't fucking test me because if you do. I will gladly fuck the submission out of you.” His lips were close to mine, and he just kept moving closer.

My stare is locked on his lips, the urge to have them mine suddenly erupt. I swallow thickly, licking my dried lips to moisture them. His eyes followed my movement like a starved caveman.

His harsh breath fanned my face, my eyes fluttered shut. Marco pulled me closer to himself, he lifted me up. My legs went around his waist, he dropped me on the counter and stepped between my legs.

He lifts my face up and slammed his lips on mine, he kissed me fiercely, hungrily. He's not holding back any more, not at all. Not only that, but he nibbles on my bottom lip, and took the chance to shove his tongue into my mouth when I gasp. Exploring and tasting me.

Marco ravishes my mouth, kissing ms with all the desire he's been holding back for me. I can feel it, I can taste it. His need for me is fierce and makes me burn.

We're burning like a flame.

But our moment we're short-lived, when one of Marco's men interrupted.

“Don, the jet is ready.” He informed Marco. Marco reluctantly pulled away, he dismissed the man with a wave of the hand. He bowed and left.

“Don't look for a job or there will punishments.” He warned, he perked my lips before stepping away. “I will be back soon.”