Chapter 10

Zoey p.o.v

"So what about you? How have you been these past couple of years?" Camilla inquired, she sipped her wine, staring at me with interest.

It's been two hours since I practically dragged her out of Marco's office and have been sitting in this very expensive restaurant. Where the food and drinks here are ridiculously expensive.

I know I used her to get out of that hellhole, but why not?

"I've been alright..." I dragged out not really knowing what to say. "I mean the struggles were there but I'm here now, so it's worth it." I concluded, not talking much about my life because seriously there was nothing much to say.

I shrugged internally.

"Hmmm, no boyfriend issue or just a bad hair day?" She probed, and I was even curious about my own life. Strange, right?

"Yeah? Boyfriend issue.... There is none since I don't have one, but maybe I should have one now. But there was this time in college, and this guy showed interest in me. At that time, I was ready to give another guy a chance, and I thought he was going to ask me out or something." I paused, thinking backwards. I find everything strange and suspicious.

"He was close to asking me out, but he didn't. He didn't even look my way anymore and the next thing I know, he got transferred to another school. It all happened so quickly I didn't have a clear understanding of it." I shrugged and sipped my juice, that's what I can afford. But Camilla had red wine.

But I must confess, the food here is really good, like super good. Maybe that's why it is so expensive.

"Oh well, such an encounter is strange." Camilla,, imputed.

"I know right, and that's like the first guy of all the guys I know was interested in me, that has gotten close to asking me out and then BOOM! He left abruptly."

"That must have hurt you a lot, but I'm sure someone is just around the corner waiting for you." Camilla sighed with pity, while I shrugged.

"What's more strange right now, is that guy over there who has been staring at us." I nodded in the direction of the guy, he gave off a dangerous and scary vibe.

He was dressed in all black, in a typical bad boy way. He is handsome but has this rough and brutal look on his face. He faced away when he saw me staring and allowing me to see the black airpod in his ear.

"Oh, that's my bodyguard," Camilla said, bringing my attention back to her.

A what? Wow! That is awesome. Imagine  having someone to watch your back all the time. It's crazy and creepy, but I like it.

"Considering my family background, it would be weird and dangerous if I didn't have a bodyguard." She explained further. "I'm so sorry if that bothers you." She apologized.

"It's alright, it doesn't bother me at all." I assured her. She beamed.

"I've been meaning to ask, why don't you just get back with Marco." Her question caught me off guard, that was totally not on the list.

I didn't want to give an answer to that, but why would I want to go back to the same guy that dumped me?

"Why would I? Or am I supposed to?" I didn't mean to sound harsh but her question kind of tipped me off. I mean, if anyone wants to come back, it should be him trying and not me.