Chapter 12

Zoey p.o.v

I sat behind my desk scrolling through my social media account mindlessly, bore out of my mind. Ignoring Marco's constant stare, he was openly staring at me and didn't bother hiding it when I caught him.

The few times I've caught him, I was the one to look away because his stare was hot and intense. I almost felt suffocated by it.

I don't know how I would be able to endure sitting and doing nothing, because I'm seconds away from going crazy.

I stared at the time on the screen of my phone in anticipation, waiting for the time to stroke 6pm for office to close. I took a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding before.

"Let's go." Marco said, breaking the silence. I closed my laptop that I wasn't actually using. Pick up my bag and stood up.

We went through his apartment again to the elevator that leads to his private garage. The driver was already waiting for us beside the car.

"Good evening boss, ma'am." He opened the door, ushering us in. I went in first and Marco came behind.

I sat at the edge of my seat.

I couldn't wait to get home and escape him. I smiled to myself.

But when the driver hit the road, he broke in the opposite direction from my house.

"What the hell!" The smile I had on my face was completely wiped out. I turned over to Marco, who already had his eyes on me.

"Mind your tongue." He scowled. I gave him a are you serious look.

"That's not your business." I retorted, equally scowling. "This is not the way to my house sir." I emphasized on the sir just to get under his skin, and I'm glad to report to you that I am successful.

He grunted, looking away like he was holding back.

"Don't fucking call me that bullshit." He hissed. And they said leadership with example. He was just telling me a while ago to mind my language.

"Why are we going in this direction?" Looking out of the window, I realized that we were heading in the direction where these businessmen and people that have millions and are ready to spend them.

But I didn't get any response. I guff in annoyance. I look out the window, watching past buildings and homes that are worth more than my heart could handle.

If I were to find out the cost of living on the estate, I swear I would faint. The last time we were here, I didn't get to see all these and currently I'm here watching the whole place like a kid on Christmas.

"The estate is mine." Marco spoke behind me. I nodded to what he said mindlessly. Then I spun around immediately. The words settle on my brain.

This estate is mine, it rang in my head.

"What?" I was short on words.

"I owe this whole place," he repeated bluntly. I stared at him in awe. How much richer can this guy get?

Wow! I turned away from him, silently wondering how he could acquire this much wealth. While many people out there are struggling to make ends meet.

Aside from how intelligent I knew him to be, he also came from a rich background. I think that went a long way for him. I shrugged, focusing back on the road.

We'd left civilization and we were headed down this quiet and secluded area. Marco's home could be seen ahead. The tall iron gate is hard to miss, the gate opens for us before we even get there.

Like last time, this place is still breathtaking.

But that's not my problem.

"What am I doing here?" I snapped at Marco. He alighted the car and walked around to my side, opening the door for me. I didn't want to come down, but one look from him had me coming down.

He held my arms and pulled me after him. I tried struggling myself away from his grip but to no avail.

"What the hell! Let go off me." I hissed. He didn't, instead he dragged me along when I dug my heels into the ground.

"Help!" I yelled. He didn't flinch from my outburst, but his men did. They turned around alarmed, their weapons up and ready to fire.

"Someone help me!" They looked our way but instantly looked away and went about their business, as if I didn't just ask for help.

"Idiots." I cursed at him. Marco pulled me inside his mansion, called a home. This place is too big for just one person.

"Let go of me." I hissed, successfully withdrawing my arms from him, or maybe it was him that loosed his grasp, I care to know. I went over to the door only to find out it was locked. I glared at Marco, who just stood there watching me. I thought I saw a hint of amusement on his face, but I'm not so sure.

"Let me go." I demanded. "I need to go home, my mom must be waiting for me." I suddenly realized that mom was actually expecting at home by time, she get worried if I stay out late.

"This is your home now," Marco declared.

What?

"What?" I squinted. What did he just say?

"You heard me, and by the way, your mom gave her permission for your stay here." He responded, going up the stairs to his room, I guess?

"What permission? I'm not staying! So you will get me home the same way brought me here." I affirmed, I'm so done with cat and mouse play.

Before I could process it, Marco, who was already half way up the stairs, was in front of me. His hands went around my waist and brought me up against his chest.

My breath hitched from our close proximity.

"I demand some respect from you, if someone else has spoken to me the way you did. They would have a bullet in the skull by now, and this is your home now. So let it settle in your pretty little brain." He growled in my face. I didn't have time to recover before pick me up bridal style and continued climbing the stairs.

I was too stun. That's a lie. I was actually too scared to say anything in return. I didn't want to take his threat as a joke.

Please vote, share and comment 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Amirablessing 🌹🌹🌹