Chapter 4

Zoey p.o.v

"You will find a replacement for her," he instructed. If I was scared of what this meeting was about, it save to tell you. I am paralyzed.

These words didn't come that much of a shock to me. I kept telling myself the possibility of him kicking me out of the company.

"But....." I held Mrs. Rose's hand stopped from pleading on my behalf. I might not be rich, and as much as I need this job to support my mom with our expenses.

I have my pride too, a pride I need to keep intact. I refuse to bow down to a low-brainer guy for kicking me out of his company over our past.

I was no longer the teenage push-over girl I was once upon a time. I am strong, confident and capable of facing my problems heads on.

I turned on my heels and made my way to the door. I swung it open only to see two men in black suits and black glasses blocking the way.

"I haven't allowed you to leave yet," Marco spoke. I faced him, the anger I was feeling must be very obvious in my face.

"Why?" I am fuming, my fist palm imaging myself punching that idiot.

"Rose, thank you for your time, you can leave now." He dismissed her, she bowed a little before leaving. Not before giving us a wary look.

I crossed my arms under my breast. They aren't big, so I'm not scared of them pushing up.

The door closes behind us, and we remain in silence. If he wants us to talk about the past, he should be the one to start the conversation.

"Have a seat." He said, starting me straight in the eye. I complied and took one of the seats opposite him, not because he told me to, but because my feet were killing me.

He stood up from his chair, and walked around the desk. He stopped in front of me, he did the most unimaginable thing.

Guess what....... He knelt on one leg and took both my feet on the other. I watched with my jaw hitting the floor and my eyes as wide a ball as he yanked off my heels.

"Stubborn as always, I told you to take them off. See how swollen and red your feet are." He muttered silently, messaging my feet gently.

"I was fine." I withdrew my feet from him and dropped them on the floor. He did not say anything, he simply stood up and leaned on his desk.

He just regarded me, I suddenly felt self-conscious. What does he see me as now? Did I change from the person he knew?

"Why am I still here? You just fired me." I broke the silence, for me it was uncomfortable to be under his dark gaze.

"I fired you from that job because you will be my personal assistant now," he said. I stare at him like he has lost his mind, personal assistant?

Why would that be me? Considering our past, it would be awkward between us to work directly together.

"You are kidding, right?" He must be kidding because he was his personal assistant? What for? I have planned out how I was going to survive in this company, by staying out of each other's way and not crossing parts.

Only for him to wake up this morning and decide who should be his personal assistant.

"Am I?" No, he doesn't look like he's kidding. His expression is as serious as that of an ugly rock.

"I hate to burst your bubble. I'm sorry I can't accept this offer. Since I've been fired I should have been on my way out." I stood up, I gave him a once over look before I walked away.

On the short trip to the door, I could feel the weight of his heavy stare on my back and refused to let it affect me. I swung the door open for the second time in a short span, and for the second time I was refused to leave.

This time, instead of two, there were four more guards blocking the door.

Frustrated, I turned around angrily. My instinct was to yell at him, to use the opportunity to vent out my pent-up anger.

"What the hell do you want?" I meant to yell the words but they came in a harsh whisper.

"Mind your tongue." He tsked, glaring at me.

"I don't fucking care about minding my language at this point, I demand you let me go." This time I yelled. I mustered the courage to.

"You won't be leaving, I believe it is still office hours." He affirmed, he stared at him like he had gone crazy. His behaviour is overbearing. I might lose it.

He has gone from that considerate boy I knew to his self-centered and unreasonable man. How did I land myself in this situation? If I knew I would be in this situation, I wouldn't have come to work yesterday.

"Look, I don't know why you are doing this, but if you are looking for an assistant you come to the wrong person. And with all the staff in the company, you can easily get someone who knows about the job." I tried to reason with him, hoping that he would be convinced and let me go.

He walked back to his seat, and resumed what he was attending to before we came.

"That over there is your desk. You are sharing this room with me. So let it sink in your skull, it's you or nobody else." He glared at me again then went back to his work.

I looked over to the desk, it sat silently at the side. I didn't even see it when we came in.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Since I can't escape it, I might as well deal with it. I walked over to the desk and took my seat behind it, a laptop was on the table and an office phone. Aside from these two items, the table was bare.

I turned on the laptop. I was expecting the email to be filled with unread emails, and a schedule note, anything work related. But to my surprise, the laptop was filled with every entertainment application known.

From Netflix, showmax, to things like tiktok and everything you could think of.

"Am I not supposed to be replying to emails, answering calls, arranging your schedule and setting up meetings with your clients, or something?" I asked, my mouth agape as I stared at him in disbelief.

"No, there is someone else assigned to that job." He answered in a heartbeat, a scowl appeared on my face.

I thought that was supposed to be the job of an assistant? I shrugged, maybe I was wrong.

"Okay, so what is my job." I asked, hoping for a positive response, but he gazed at me like I was supposed to know it.

Well, you can't blame me, I've never been an assistant to anyone before. I can't possibly just know what an assistant does, the ones I knew were not the job of an assistant.

So please, dude, enlighten me. I rolled my eyes inwardly.

"There is a laptop filled with everything, watch a movie or surf the internet. Anything you want and need is there." He hissed.

Please vote and share with your friends.

For an early update please comment your thoughts about the book so far🥰🥰🥰🥰

Much ♥️♥️♥️ from amirablessing 🌹🌹🌹