3.

••••

••••

"Kennedy baby, wake up." Shakur shook his daughter, he had pulled over to a nice hotel because he had became too sleepy. Of course she hogged the bed from him. He hadn't known she fell asleep while doing her homework she had to complete over the next two weeks. "Aight, stay here then."

Her eye's immediately shot open, "where are we?"

"Florida, now let's go check in. I'm tired." He began to grab their things.

He jumped back when Kennedy jumped up to look out the window, "How long are we here? I didn't pack anything to be here. My first trip to Florida I have to be a bad bit—" he glared at her causing her to quickly cut herself off. "I don't even have my hair done, nails, feet. Nothing,"

Kennedy didn't need those things done though, she just wanted them. She was naturally beautiful, her hair was in its natural curly state, slicked up into a ponytail that sat on top of her head. Kennedy was a perfect mixture between her mother and father, she got her nose and big plump lips from her dad. While she got her eyes and skin complexion from her mom, being her mom was mixed with black and Puerto Rican. She never had to do a whole lot to herself because being pretty was natural. However, she loved to have her nails, eyebrows, hair and lashes done.

"I guess you'll have to look on Instagram and find someone to help you with all that,"

"Your wife took my phone though?"

Shakur closed his eyes for a second, "Stop disrespecting your mother Ken. I have your phone with me, let's go."

Kennedy refrained from admitting to hearing him ask her mom was she a burden and how she completely ignored him by hanging up at the mention of it. She could admit that it hurt her feelings but she didn't want to cause any issues with her parents, knowing her father would always speak up for her no matter what. Cassidy and Shakur never really got into it and when they did it was because of Kennedy, or something Kennedy had done.

"Thank you daddy," she smiled and grabbed her phone from him as they began to walk into the hotel.

Kennedy stood back while her father checked in, the hotel was busy being that they stayed at Hard rock. It was a hotel and casino, he had paid for them to stay at the guitar in the platinum suite. The suite had two full bedrooms, a kitchen, dining area, living area and a pool view.

Shakur would wake up and drop his last load off, get a rental and then spend the week there. It was a surprise for Kennedy and a way to spend time together, maybe even rebuild their bond.

While he made great money on the road, he had also inherited from his adoptive father. He was almost touching a mil from how much he saved while back then in the drug and gun business, his father's inheritance, and doing legit work now. His father owned a lot of companies that Shakur didn't want to take over so with the okay from his adoptive mother he sold them and that's how he was almost a millionaire.