9.

Sitting with his head in his hands Sincere listened to Mike— his boss go over the day with him and what he needed him to do

It had been a little over two months working for him, the beating Xavier had put him through three months ago caused him to have to take time off of work. In returning to work, he quit working for Cassidy and before he could leave the office Mike quickly offered him a job as his assistant. Sincere always went above and beyond for Cassidy and had done his job well, anyone would've been a fool to pass up the opportunity of him being their assistant. He accepted the position, and started the following week.

"After that, I have things to handle. So, you can enjoy the rest of the day off with pay." Mike told him after finishing up the agenda for the day. "Have a good day Sin," he smiled at him before leaving
his office.

Sincere smiled to himself and immediately began working on his tasks, Mike was always really sweet to him even when Sincere worked for Cassidy. He learned that he was a single father of an eight year old, being Sincere had offered to keep an eye on her while at the office for him one day. The little girl was a pain in the ass, but he learned that she had just lost her mother earlier in the year and she took it hard. Mike hadn't even known about her until his ex had passed away, he immediately took her in once the DNA results confirmed the little girl was indeed his kid.

He'd told Sincere how he didn't know anything about raising a kid, but thankfully he had a great support system.

Working for Mike meant less money since he was only an office assistant, however he was still paid pretty good. He missed the extra money Cassidy provided for being her personal assistant as well, but after she told his business when she was the only one he really confided in had hurt him. How did he even get brought up into a conversation to her husband anyway? What was the conversation about for her to even mention information he had trusted her with, he drove himself crazy the two weeks he had to sit in the hospital. He came up with nothing but quitting his job and washing his hands with her. He especially was over her entire existence seeing how she had done Kennedy.

"Hey, Sincere may I see you in my office please?" Mike had paged him.

"Yes sir,"

Walking down the hall into his office he'd walked by Cassidy's office and froze when his name was called, the voice belonged to the man he hadn't seen since the night he watched him almost kill Xavier with one punch. As bad as he wanted to move it was if his feet were stuck, Shakur then stood in front of him. His hands tucked into the pockets of his grey Nike tech jogging suit. Sincere slowly looked him up and down, he had all white forces on his feet and his signature two gold chains hung around his neck. He could also tell he'd just left the barbershop due to his fresh cut and line up. Shit, Sincere thought to himself. He couldn't deny the man was fine. He also couldn't deny the fact that this man had almost killed him.