39.

••••

••••

Stacy, Lando, and the twins Zae and Zan all lounged around in the backyard of momma Phylicia's home as they chopped it up with Shakur

Instead of flying back home Shakur had decided to fly home with Phylicia since Kennedy had a few more days since she had to physically go on campus— most of her college courses were online. Shakur' had made sure she stayed in the house and did work before doing anything else though.

She had asked him to watch Josiah for her while she, Zan's daughter and Zae's son went to the mall and out to eat. Zan's daughter was sixteen, Zae's son was seventeen, leaving Kennedy to be the oldest.

"That damn' Zion on Kennedy like flies on shit," Stacy stated.

All the men chuckled when they looked up and Zion had been holding the back door open for Kennedey and Josiah to walk out of. From the moment the two met last year he had developed a huge crush on her and he didn't care that they knew about it and his uncle had always joked on him about it knowing Kennedey paid him no mind and basically told him she'd seen him as a cousin.

"Joshua gone fuçk' him up soon," Lando stated.

Zae jerked his head back, "he gone fuçk up who son?"

"Yours," Shakur stated, nonchalantly.

"We not about to get these two niggas riled up, shît will never get that far. Chill," Zan stared at his brother. "Both you niggas,"

Zae nodded, "yeah.. aight,"

"I am chill," Shakur shrugged.

His deep frown turned into a smile seeing Josiah' finally make it down the stairs and snatch away from Kennedy to run to him. "Papa," he hugged his legs.

"Wassup man?" Shakur scooped him up and Josiah grabbed his face to kiss his lips, "I just saw you not even thirty minutes ago," he chuckled and hugged him tight when Josiah tossed his arms around his neck.

Shakur loved the fact that his grandson loved him so much, he'd never thought anyone could love him more than Kennedy had and he'd never thought it'd be a child she birthed. Josiah reminded him of himself because it was how he was with both sets of his grandparents growing up, his mother parents had both passed on. He and his fathers parents used to be close up until he completely cut them off after the year he'd went on that churches retreat.