28.

••••

••••

"He gone love it, I promise." Damien told Sincere over the phone, "Just give him' a minute to process it first. Momma Phylicia knew what she was doing— that mothafucka' nice too."

He, Zu and Sincere sat on a three way call. He didn't want to call Damien by himself so he made Zu do it for him. Of course Zu already had his number and was happy to finally have a reason to use it, knowing he told him that he'd never do so. "The fact I'm calling his ex too—"

"Here you go with that picking shît' even when a nigga is helpful you still find a way to piss me off."

Sincere laughed, "Thank you forreal though Damien, preciate' it."

Disconnecting the call he stood to his feet and nervously paced the floor back and forth— today he had asked Shakur if he would like to go on a date. Sincere was used to wining and dining men but he had never been so nervous before. Shakur was hard to please in his eyes and what could you get a man that literally had it all? He'd asked Phylicia and Damien for help and he hoped he wasn't digging too deep to make Shakur snap at him— he knew first hand how he could get when his past might've triggered him and he'd showed Damien the gift that Phylicia had suggested and asked him if it was too much or if it'd trigger Shakur instead of making him happy.

He hated to admit it but if anyone knew Shakur and his temper— it was Damien.

He was surprised Shakur agreed to let him do the whole day himself— he just wanted Shakur to get dressed and leave his wallet at home. He knew that he wouldn't but today was all for Shakur and he wouldn't spend a dime.

Hearing his front door open he looked up and smiled at Shakur— he looked just as nervous as Sincere did.

"You ready?" Sincere asked and walked to him wrapping his arms around his neck, "You look handsome,"

Shakur pecked his lips, "Thank you baby— you look even better." He eyed him up and down.

"Stop looking at me like you trying to fuck, we got all day for that."

Before Shakur could respond Sincere had grabbed his hand and headed out to the car he had rented as their driver opened the door for them. He planned on drinking to settle his nerves and he didn't really want to drive anyway— as they sat inside he watched Shakur's signature mug turn into a smile seeing the black roses that sat on the seat for him. "You making' me nervous already Sincere. What you got planned?" He asked as the car slowly pulled off.

"All you need to do today is relax and enjoy,"

"I never been wined and dined— it's new and I don't know if I like' it."