10. Pancakes

"This is a disgrace to food!! How do you call this food?!" Jeongguk exclaimed angrily, almost slamming his knife and fork on the table

Taehyung panicked and looked at his chef who was busy serving Jimin. "Ajeomma, he isn't talking about the taste, please don't mind him. Your food always tastes wonderful. He hasn't even taken a bite yet!!" 

The chef looked at him and gave him a small sad smile. "It's okay, Mr. Kim. I noticed it," she said. She did notice that Jeongguk was making such comments without even eating the food yet, but his words still did hurt her. Not that she would tell that to her sweet-as-honey boss. 

"Jeongguk, behave!!" Taehyung hissed, glaring dangerously at Jeongguk as if he were an infant. "I am behaving!! I shall not consume a single bite of this disgrace," Jeongguk said and crossed his arms, Jeongyeon following right after. If Jeongguk wasn't eating, she wouldn't dare to eat either. 

"Jeongguk, stop throwing a tantrum and eat what is given. Or go ahead and starve yourself, we won't stop you. But we won't tolerate you insulting the food, be it Korean or foreign. If you let go and try it once, you'll realize that pancakes are a God-given gift to humankind," Jimin lectured. 

Again, Jeongguk somehow couldn't go against him, so he finally picked up his knife and fork and began to tear the pancakes into pieces with a high degree of unfamiliarity, trying his best to copy Taehyung's moves instead. 

The second a piece hit his tongue, however, his eyes widened and before he knew it, his pancake was done. He wanted more, but Taehyung spoke up before he could even open his mouth. "Ajeomma, please take his plate away, he doesn't want to eat this dIsGrAcE!!"

"I would highly appreciate it if you stayed silent," Jeongguk said, very politely asking Taehyung to shut up before looking at the chef. "I apologize for my words earlier, madam. I was just new to such food," he said with a small bow that had the chef chuckling at him. 

"Yeah, okay, young man, it's okay. As long as you enjoyed it, I don't mind what you said," she said and served him another pancake that he very happily devoured. And so she served him another one. 

Namjoon, who was busy checking his phone until then, suddenly gasped and looked up, grabbing everyone's attention. 

"Taehyung, don't accept the movie," he said with no foreground. "I'll mail Yoongi that you already accepted another movie."

Taehyung mustered the most judging look he ever could to look at Namjoon. 

"And why is that, ajeossi?" he asked sarcastically. Just when he was starting to get excited about the movie!!

"Ajeossi?" Jeongyeon asked timidly. She was scared to talk freely in Jeongguk's presence, but she was really confused this time. Namjoon didn't look too old compared to Taehyung, after all.