18. Democracy

One Week, One Day, One Hour, One Minute, One Second, One Millisecond later

"So his dad likes me and asks her to marry me. She knows I'm a CEO too like her, and I'm known for my poker face, so she thinks I'm rude and decides to not go with what her dad asks her to do. But then, we have a conference and she meets me there and realizes that I'm nothing like what she thought, and falls in love with me. But by then, she already gets engaged to someone else because her father didn't wanna force her to marry someone she didn't wanna. So she runs away on her wedding night and turns up at my doorstep and then it is my duty to help her stay hidden from her family. I take her to another country, because I'm in love with her too, and there, we love each other and end up marrying each other before returning to the country as a couple."

Taehyung burst out laughing at the expression on Jeongguk's face by the time he finished telling him the plot of one of his old movies. The expression was one of pure judgement and disgust and Taehyung couldn't help but roll on the ground in glee. 

"You call that a story?" Jeongguk asked. 

"Yeah, old man!! That is a wonderful story!! A super hit one at that!!" Taehyung wheezed. 

"Huh," Jeongguk rolled his eyes and looked down at Taehyung. "So what does CEO mean?" 

"Umm...it stands for 'Chief Executive Officer'. I don't know how to explain it in terms that you would understand, but you can say that generally, a CEO is one of the top posts in a company," Taehyung dumbed it down for Jeongguk to understand. 

"I see..." Jeongguk scratched his chin, unminding of the little wisp of hair that fell on his forehead and decorated that piece of white with a splash of black. "And what shall a company be?" 

"Company...uhh....how do I explain it to you??? Umm, if I have to use layman's words, then it is a group of people that do business together. You know what business is, right?" 

"I do."

"So if I have to explain a company and a CEO in your terms, I could say if a company is a Kingdom, then the CEO is the Chief Manager of the King. But in a Kingdom, the King rules, and in a company, the CEO rules in place of the Chairman who founded the company."

"Oh, I see. How come you have all these, but not a Kingdom?" Jeongguk asked, frowning aggressively (cutely, according to Taehyung). 

"I...we...we do have a Kingdom. What we are living in...this IS a Kingdom. We just don't call it a Kingdom and the ruler a King anymore. We call a Kingdom a country and the ruler a President. And it's us, people, that select the President," and so Taehyung launched into a detailed explanation of the democratic process, all the while trying his best not to burst out laughing at the ridiculous amount of judgement and disgust growing on Jeongguk's face with every passing word that fell out of his mouth.