47. The Parks

"Jeonggukie, seriously? You are supposed to be a tough prince!!" 

"Shut up. You've yourself told me that it is okay for men to cry. And I am not even crying, I'm just worrying for Jeongie's well-being!" 

"Nonsense! You are worried sick for her! Stop pacing and come and sit! Even Jiminie isn't as worried as you are!" Taehyung pointed to a red-eyed Jimin sitting next to him with his head in his hands and grimaced, hoping Jeongguk wouldn't point it out. 

"Do you realize how false your statement is?!" Jeongguk snapped at his fiance, noticing the obvious. 

"Whatever," Taehyung rolled his eyes and patted the seat next to him with a little pout. "Just come and sit. You're giving me unnecessary anxiety," he said. 

And who was Jeongguk to say no to the pout that had tricked him into its trap right on the day he stepped into this century?

With a sigh, he went to sit next to Taehyung and bounced his leg violently instead to let his anxiety out. "I absolutely don't like it," he said. 

"Don't like what?" Taehyung asked. 

"That they are taking so long to deliver the baby," Jeongguk pouted with a little frown. He had originally stayed at home, decorating it and getting everything ready for the newly expanded family. But when they didn't return even after five hours, he went to the hospital himself, leaving all the preparation to Seokjin and Yoongi, and hadn't stopped pacing ever since then. 

"Delivery of a baby is never predictable, Ggukie," Taehyung said. "You can't expect the baby to be out when you want it to. You gotta wait. The lil champ is gonna take its time."

Jeongguk just nodded and got back to getting his anxiety out. About two hours later, the nurse finally entered the private waiting room to announce the birth of a baby boy. Jimin all but sprang out of his seat, trying to rush to his wife, and the nurse let him after warning him that his wife was out cold. 

By the time Jeongguk and Taehyung entered Jeongyeon's room as well, Jimin was already kneeling on the floor, between his wife and his son, holding both of their hands on each side and sobbing with his head hanging down. 

Both Jeongguk and Taehyung's hearts melted as they stepped in and closed the door behind them. As Jeongguk stepped closer to look at the baby, Taehyung went to comfort Jimin instead, pulling him into a warm hug and rubbing his back. 

"Finally a proper family after so many years," Jimin cried and Taehyung understood. 

The poor man had come to the future, leaving all of his family unintentionally behind when he was just a teenager. He had suffered a lot in Jeongguk's century and had come to Taehyung's century all hurt and bruised mentally. 

Taehyung's century hadn't been easy on him either. The world had become a lot more complex and competitive and poor Jimin had to face everything alone with no one to support or help him.