17. Photographer

One week, One day, One hour, One minute, One second, One millisecond later

Despite saying he wouldn't fall for such 'cheap tricks', Jeongguk was now in a park with Jeongyeon, clicking pictures and recording videos left and right.

Taehyung had given him an old phone of his the previous day and had taught him the basics of how to use it. He fed into it the numbers of himself, Jimin, Namjoon and Jeongyeon, who had gotten an old phone from Jimin as well.

Jeongguk, surprisingly, was smart enough to absorb everything Taehyung taught him like a sponge. Taehyung didn't even have to tell him twice.

Taehyung, being too noticeable, didn't go with them to the park. Instead, he dropped them there with a hundred and one instructions about not standing out and promised them he'd come back to pick them up when they were done enjoying the fresh air for a while. 

Being in the suffocating city, Taehyung thought Jeongguk would let him be free for at least three hours. He didn't expect to get a call only an hour after he returned home. 

Seeing as it was a call from Jeongguk, Taehyung felt proud. This was the first call Jeongguk was making after Taehyung taught him how to make a call. And he apparently succeeded. 

"TAEHYUNG-NIM!!" 

Taehyung had to jerk his phone away from his ear from how loud Jeongguk's voice was. 

"Hey, are you okay?! What's wrong?!" he asked, already starting to panic. He didn't want anything bad to happen to his kind and innocent Jeongguk in this cunning world. 

"THIS PHONE SAYS IT IS OUT OF STORAGE-"

"Hey, hey, wait. Stop yelling first," Taehyung said with his phone casually held in front of him. He didn't even have to turn the speaker on to be able to hear Jeongguk. 

"I DO NOT WISH TO INCONVENIENCE YOU!! YOU WOULD FIND IT DIFFICULT TO HEAR ME!!"

See what Taehyung meant when he said Jeongguk was kind and innocent?

"It's okay, Jeonggukie, I'd be able to hear you just fine. I'm not yelling, am I? You can still hear me well, right?" 

"YES, I CAN HEA-" Jeongguk cleared his throat and reduced his volume, "I can hear you well," he said, not even bothering to look at all the people now throwing weird looks at him. 

"Perfect. Now tell me what's wrong. Your phone is out of storage?"

"Yes, and you have not instructed me not to remove it from its storage. It functions as weirdly as you do. It did not have any problem being out of its storage until now when I captured so many videos and photos. It suddenly wants to get back to its storage."

For quite a long time, Jeongguk didn't get a reply. He just heard a weird noise from the line, something that sounded like Taehyung was choking, so he waited patiently. If Taehyung was choking, he would need to take care of that first, after all.