21. Permission wanted

Fifteen days, Fifteen Hours, Fifteen Minutes, Fifteen Seconds, Fifteen Milliseconds later

"Oh my god, I'm finally meeting you as Yoongi hyung's husband!" Taehyung exclaimed with a wide grin and let the two incomers get into the house. 

"And I'm finally meeting you as Yoongi's friend too," Hoseok said with a chuckle. "Happy Birthday, my man!!" he wished and shook Taehyung's hand before giving him a pat on his shoulder. 

"Thank you, please have a seat," Taehyung said and pointed to the living area where Jeongguk was already sitting, seeming totally unbothered about the incomers' presence. 

Hoseok stopped abruptly, frowning at Jeongguk. "Aren't you his bodyguard?!" he asked Jeongguk, who didn't even bother to uncross his legs at Hoseok's entrance. Something that was turning Hoseok's mood sour. 

"So what if I am?" Jeongguk asked arrogantly. 

Yoongi leaned close to Hoseok's ear and mumbled, "he's also the one who pointed a sword at my throat the other day." 

Hoseok stiffened further and turned around at once with a smile, deciding to ignore Jeongguk's existence from then on. No one who ill-treated his husband in any way deserved his attention. 

"So? When are Namjoon and Seokjin hyung coming?" he asked Taehyung. "They are already here," Jimin said with a smirk, flitting his eyes to the swimming pool that was visible from the living room. 

Hoseok followed Jimin's eyes and was met with a truly gruesome sight of Namjoon almost devouring Seokjin's face. No wonder they heard none of the commotion in the living room.

"Oh, who's this young lady? I've heard she's your someone's someone's someone. Is she really....?" Hoseok asked with a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows. 

Jimin, however, sat up straight, looking all serious at once. "She's mine. I love her and I'm going to marry her when the time comes," he said. It wasn't like he had to say it anyway, it was obvious to everyone, but he still took the opportunity to announce it to everyone. 

He looked at Jeongguk as if to make sure he was listening to him - which he was. Jeongguk shrugged and sat up straight. "I have no complaints. I trust you. But I need to know if she feels the same about you," he said just as Namjoon and Seokjin entered the living room bashfully. 

Hoseok gave Jeongguk a judging once-over, wondering why Jimin of all people needed the permission of Jeongguk of all people, but Jeongguk did not even bother to look back at him. Anyone who disrespected him did not deserve his glance even from the corner of his eyes. 

Jeongyeon, who was somewhere far away from Jimin, perked up when Jimin and Jeongguk mentioned her. Before anyone could stop her, she got down to her knees and bowed down until her forehead touched the ground. "I do, my lord," she said. Without lifting her head, she continued, "I love him with all my heart and would happily spend the rest of my life with him if you permit me."