Chapter 2

Reina's P. O. V:

I sit at a table with Cana Alberona, a pretty brunette with purple eyes wearing a blue bikini and brown Capri, her long hair in a high ponytail, a barrel of alcohol in hand, cheek in the other, a black Fairy Tail guild mark on her left hip, a cup of water in my own hand, at the guild hall the next morning in my usual work attire. Loud chatter fills my ears.

Just then, I hear a commotion from behind, causing me to turn my head

Just then, I hear a commotion from behind, causing me to turn my head. Lucy is currently reading over the Job Request Board.

"... Look For A Magic Bracelet, Break A Spell On A Cursed Cane, Read Someone's Love Horoscope... Hunt Down A Volcano Demon?! Geez, I had no idea that wizarding jobs were so varied!"

Approaching Lucy, Mira says kindly, "Well, let me know when you find one you like! The Master's away at a conference, so I'm covering for him."

Lucy asks curiously, "What kind of conference...?"

"One for guild Masters." She places a finger to her chin, as she adds, "It's like the Magic Council, but not." Turning to a big man with curly light brown hair wearing a top hat, Mira asks politely, "Excuse me, Reedus? Could I borrow a Light Pen?"

"Oui!" Reedus replies in a French accent, before he pulls a pen out of his pocket and throws it to Mira, who easily catches it.

A Light Pen is a magical item that allows the user to write in the air.

Drawing a diagram of the guild system in the air with the Light Pen, Mira explains to Lucy, "The Council, Era, is the most powerful organisation in the magical world, and it's only one step below the government. It has ten members, and its their job to uphold all the magical rules and regulations. And if a wizard breaks magical law, they would be tried by the Council. Then, there are the different guild master leagues in which in local groups work together. Then the individual guild masters. It's their job to pass on the decree of the Council. They also communicate with the other guild masters on a regular basis. Well, I guess you could say they're the glue that holds all of us together. Which is a pretty stressful job."

Lucy murmurs thoughtfully, hand on chin, "Wow! I never realise that all the different magical guild were interconnected like that."

"It's important that we cooperate with one another, otherwise the system would fall apart."

Summoning a flame to his fingertip and holding it up to his face, which has a devious grin on it, Natsu says, scaring Lucy, "And then the guys in black would show up!!"

Lucy gives a small scream.

Natsu laughs, folding his hands behind his head. "HAHAHA!! That was almost too easy!"

"You trying to scare me to death?!" She demands.

Mira says seriously, "Natsu's actually right for once, Lucy. But, seriously! The guys Natsu's talking about, really exist! They're the dark guilds." Mira draws an oval on the diagram labeled 'Dark Guild.' "They've chosen not to join any of the leagues. They're the bad apples, and most of them are involved in magical crime."