Chapter 35

Third Person's P. O. V:

Eric continues to use his Carbyne shadow technique to block Melanie's Hair and Metal-Make Magic attacks as she swings her hair in scythes at him.

"Is that all you can do, Eric!" She exclaims, swinging her scythes.

"Shadow Magic: Slash!" Eric engulfs his hand in shadows and they lash out at the blond. She uses her hair to shield herself, before returning the attack. It doesn't hit Eric due to his defence spell. He uses his Slash spell once again and manages to land a gash on her left arm.

He smirks before lashing out again, but Melanie was able to shield herself this time.

She sends out sharp strands of her hair and they form whips of metal. Reins gasps worriedly when they come into contact with her brother, though he merely grunts.

Reina shoots twin red beams at another two dark wizards and Gray sends out his ice saucer before hitting another with his ice hammer.

"Shadow Magic: Strike," Says Eric, wrapping shadows around his right fist. He lunges for Melanie and slugs her in the stomach with his fist. He then takes that chance to kick her chest, knocking the 16 year old back further.

He smirks, knowing she's not that great at hand to hand combat.

With another slash of his arrows, Eric manages to land a cut on Melanie's right cheek.

She hisses with anger, blue eyes narrowed. "Bad move!" She then repeatedly lashes out with her Hair Magic, trying to land a hit on the younger Walker sibling.

Erza changes into her Robe of Yuen Armor and thrusts her spear at more monsters made by Living Magic, while Gajeel strikes at them with his Iron Dragon Club.

Natsu lashes out with Fire Dragon Wing Attack, taking out several men.

Virgo and Loke help attack the dark wizards and monsters while Lucy lashes out with her whip. Juvia sends out blades of water that take out several dark wizards.

Gray launches his ice freeze lancer and Reina uses her Super Eclipse Beam. She gazes back at her brother and wants to help, but is held back by her own opponents.

Melanie wings her whips of metal from her hair but Eric dodges with ease before lashing out with his sharpened shadows. He then wraps shadows around his fist and lands a right hook to her jaw, knocking Melanie back.

He then leaps forward and kicks the blue eyed girl, sending her sprawling to the floor.

"You'll never beat me," She growls, getting up and glaring at him.

"Hmph. We'll see about that," He mutters before slamming his shadow engulfed fist against her stomach. She goes back with a cry.

Melanie scowls in anger before swinging her metal scythes at the blue haired boy. One manages to graze his left upper arm, but he dodges the other.

"Lunar Eclipse Eyes: Super Eclipse Beam," Eric says lowly before twin red beams of energy are shot from his eyes at the older girl. She narrowly dodges the first hit but the second one hits her right leg, making Melanie cry out.

"Shadow Magic: Strike!" Eric punches at Melanie and knocks her back repeatedly with his fist covered in shadows. He then lashes at her with his Slash spell.

Breathing heavily, Melanie growls, "You're really beginning to annoy me!"

"The feeling's mutual," Eric says with hooded eyes. He sends out more sharpened shadows at her and she cries out again.

Reina strikes an enemy with her Eclipse Beam spell, making him cry out.

Erza changes to her Fire Empress Armor and swings her flaming sword while Gajeel shoots iron from his mouth. Juvia slams columns of water into another enemy while Loke and Virgo engage others in hand to hand combat, and Lucy lashes with her whip.

Natsu blows out fire from his mouth that burns a bunch of dark wizards and Living Magic monsters.

Eric continues to slash at Melanie with his shadows. She's unable to fight back in that moment.

"Now, you're finished," He murmurs lowly, focusing his magic energy while staring intently at the blond with his Eye Magic activated. She is immediately overcome with immense fear. "Katsu."

A small sphere of light is formed before it shoots for Melanie, literally at the speed of light. Before she has anytime to dodge or block, the attack hits her and sue screams, feeling like there's an intense burning sensation through her body.

Melanie collapses and moans, but doesn't get up again.

Reina smiles proudly at her brother, but suddenly cries out when an arm latches around her slim waist and hoists her into the air.

It was Takeshi.

"Reina!!" Her comrades cry out as Eric gasps worriedly.

"If you want her, come and get her!" Takeshi challenges before flying off down the corridor.

Reina thumps against his arm as she exclaims, "Let me go!!"

"I think not. You will tell me how to get Arc of Reflection, whether you want to or not," The purple haired man tells her as they soon reach the throne room and enter.

He throws her on the floor and looms over Reina, blocking the exit.

❄️❄️❄️

"Forget it!" Reina snaps.

"Very well. You've made your choice," Takeshi murmurs. Reina tenses but a moment later, Eric and Gray run into the room.

"Reina!"

"Get away from my sister!" Eric snaps before swinging a shadow engulfed fist at his former master. Takeshi easily dodges by leaping into the air with his wings.

"You'll pay for betraying me, Eric," He says. "I had such high hopes for you."

"Sorry to disappoint you," He retorts, glaring back. "Lunar Eclipse Eyes: New Moon!"

Eric enhances his spell and shoots twin beams at the purple haired man. He dodges by jerking to the side and Gray launches a barrage of ice arrows.

Takeshi evades them, too, before flicking his right wing forward.

Feathers embed in Eric's right side and he coughs up blood.

"Eric, no!" Reins shouts worriedly. Another lot of feathers embed in his side, causing the boy to collapse. Reina gapes in disbelief and fear before she hangs her head, feeling herself trembling with rage. She takes a breath to try to calm herself. "You wished to see my magic, Takeshi?" Her voice was too quiet and Gray feels wary. "Well, now you'll get to see it!!"

Reina jerks her head up to show her Eye Magic is seemingly activated, but it isn't. Reina gets to her feet and holds out her hand.

 Reina gets to her feet and holds out her hand

"Arc of Reflection: Mind Reflection!"

An exact copy of Takeshi appears next to him and spins around, knocking the real one out of the air with a powerful kick.