Chapter 10

Reina's P. O. V:

We stand before the giant ice shell, staring up at the frozen demon in shock.

"Deliora...!" Gray growls.

"You sure this is the demon your master sealed away?" Natsu questions.

"There's no doubt about it," The ice mage grits out through his teeth.

Happy wonders aloud, "I wonder why it was transported all the way here from the northern continent to Galuna Island..."

Lucy asks thoughtfully, "You don't think this demon could have something to do with the island's curse, do you...?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if it did," Gray responds.

I say, "It may be enclosed in ice, but that thing's still alive."

Grinning, Natsu goes up beside Gray, and says as he grips his right upper arm, and swings his arm around quickly, as though getting ready to launch a paunch at the demon, "Sweet! Let me have a go at him! I ain't afraid of no stupid demon!"

I gaze at Gray with slight weariness as Lucy says to the pinkette in exasperation, "You know, brute force isn't the only way to solve a problem, Natsu."

"A little fire oughta do the trick!"

My eyes widen when Gray wrenches a dark glare round to Natsu, and he punches him in the side of his face so hard, Natsu gets knocked on the floor with a grunt. Gray's eyes are hidden beneath his bangs.

Happy exclaims, eyes wide, "He just punched Natsu!!"

Lucy mutters, a little surprised, "Well, this wouldn't be the first time he's done that..."

Clutching his left cheek, Natsu demands angrily, "What's the deal?! What'd you hit me for, Gray?!" Natsu cuts himself off when he notices the death glare Gray is giving him.

"I don't want you and your flames anywhere near it!!" Gray yells at Natsu. "If that ice melts and Deliora is revived, there's no way we'd be able to stop it."

Natsu climbs back on his feet. He says, "Come on! Do you really think a huge chunk of ice would be that easy to melt?"

Gray glances at Natsu before he mumbles out, "... No."

Stepping up beside Gray, I gently place my hand on his shoulder, peering up at him with concern. I ask in a gentle tone of voice, "Hey, are you okay?"

Natsu exclaims indignantly, glaring at us, "I'm the one who got hit for no good reason! Watch your temper, man!!"

I ignore Natsu, and keep my gaze on Gray.

Stepping forward, Happy says to the pinkette, "Please, you're one to talk!"

Gray tells us in a solemn tone, "Ten years ago, my master, Ur, cast a spell called Iced Shell on this demon, enclosing it in a form of ice that can't be melted. It's so strong, that even the most powerful flame spells have no effect on it. If they knew that the ice couldn't be melted, then why did they bring it here...?"

Lucy says, "Well, maybe they didn't know. They might have brought it here to try and melt it somehow."

Gray demands angrily of Lucy, glaring daggers at her, "But, why would they do that?!"

A frightened expression on her face from Gray's sudden burst of anger, Lucy stammers, fingers to her chin, "Um! I have no idea...!"

We look back at the demon.