Chapter 38

Third Person's P. O. V:

Reina stares as her reflection stands in front of her brother with a water barrier swirling around them, protecting them both from the deadly attack.

She wants to collapse with immense relief but forces herself to stay upright, choking back sobs.

Thank god her reflection got there just in time.

"Again?! I've had it with you, girl!" Takeshi snaps. "Death Magic: Death Wave!"

The reflection grabs Eric and manages to get out of the way as Gray grabs Rei and pulls her back just as the deadly wave hits. The reflection sets Eric down while crouching before sending out the whip of water.

Takeshi avoids it and shoots feathers at her which she blocks with her barrier spell.

"Water Magic: Sphere," Says the reflection before forming a large sphere of water before her. With a grunt of exertion, the reflection hurls it for the dark wizard. He swerves to the side to evade it and Reina sends out her Water Needle attack.

A few hit Takeshi but he evades the rest and lunges for the reflection, swinging his fists. She was able to block them before slugging Takeshi in the jaw with a left hook.

He's knocked back and she runs forwards before leaping up and landing a kick in his chest that knocks him bad further.

Reina then leaps up and pins her knees to either side of the man's neck. With a grunt of exertion and using her upper body strength, she backflips and brings Takeshi with her.

His eyes jerk wide right before his back slams on the floor, with the reflection's legs pinning him down.

Reina and Gray approach him wearily, the girl's face cold.

"Surrender, Takeshi. It's over," She tells him.

"I'd never surrender to you!" He hisses back. He knocks the reflection off him and destroys it with a death orb before preparing another one for Reina.

"Lunar Eclipse Eyes: New Moon," She murmurs before focusing her magic energy and using an even more powerful version of Eclipse Beam that hits Takeshi head-on, making him cry out before he collapses, groaning.

"It's over for you," Reina repeats in a whisper as she deactivates her eyes. Reina gasps and whips her head around to her brother upon hearing another moan of pain.

While Gray stays to watch the guild master, Reina crouches by her brother and carefully examines his side, hand on his shoulder. "We need to get those out," She says before Reina proceeds to pluck the feathers from Eric's side.

"Are you guys okay?!" Lucy's voice calls as she and the other Fairy Tail wizards rush inside.

"We're alright, though I'm not too sure about Eric," Responds the Fullbuster, shifting his gaze to the boy. The others follow his gaze and Lucy feels a hint of worry as she watches Reina removing feathers from her brother's side.

Erza announces, "We've defeated the other members and I've called the Magic Council. They should be here any minute."

Gray nods and goes over to help Reina take care of Eric. He helps her remove the last of the feathers and together, they help Eric to his feet, the boy still conscious.

                       ❄️❄️❄️

The Fairy Tail wizards wait outside with the dark wizards all rounded up as the group of Rune Knights show up.

Reina lets her brother lean against her as a man with his black hair in a top knot points at the dark wizards and orders his men to take them in.

"You all did a good job in taking out Wolfsbane," Says the man with violet eyes. "I'm Lahar, Captain of the 4th Custody Enforcement Unit." He then switches his gaze to Eric, leaning against Reina. "Well, Eric Walker, I was given the report on your job to infiltrate and take Wolfsbane down on the inside before arriving. I'm pleased to say your job is now complete. You're free to go."

Eric looks slightly surprised while Reina grins at him. "Isn't that great, itotou?!" She exclaims, hugging him while being careful of his side wound. "You can come and join Fairy Tail; Gramps said you could! And you can live in the house with me that I bought ages ago..."

Eric doesn't say anything as his sister continues to gush about them living together. Gray smiles at her before Lahar turns as the last of the dark wizards are piled onto the carriage.

"Good luck, Eric, Reina," He says before leaving with his men.

Erza says to her comrades, a soft smile on her face, "Let's go home. I'm sure everyone is waiting for us."

The others chime their agreement and they all return to the Fairy Tail guild hall.