Chapter 37

Third Person's P. O. V:

Takeshi jerks backwards into the air to avoid Reina's attack, using his wings to shield himself.

"Death Magic: Death Orb!" He forms the bell of blackness before launching it at the blue haired girl.

"Water Magic: Water Barrier," Her reflection says and a dome of water forms around the both of them, blocking the attack as it lets off an explosion. "Water Magic: Lost Atlantis." The copy launches large bubbles of water that explode around the purple haired man, knocking him around in the air.

Takeshi grunts as he rights himself before throwing another Death Orb at Reina. Again, she blocks it with her Water Barrier before flicking her hand.

"Water Magic: Water Needle Barrage!" Needles of water fly through the air for the dark wizard. While he dodges some, a couple graze his arm.

He hisses angrily and throws another couple of Death Orbs back at Reina. She and her clone backflip several times, narrowly avoiding the attack. Reina and her clone skid along the floor with their hands braces on it for balance.

"Water Whip!" Reina's reflection thrusts her arm out and a whip of water lashes for Takeshi. It hits his arm and knocks him aside, making the man grunt in pain.

With a flick of his wings, Takeshi sends a barrage of feathers back at Reina. Her reflection deflects them with the whip before lashing it at the man once again.

"Water Magic: Lost Atlantis." Reina's reflection shoots water at the guild master and it explodes around him. She hears him grunting at the pain before he launches upwards out of the smoke.

Takeshi swoops down for Reina and she gasps as his arm latches around her waist, before he throws her across the room.

"Reina!" Gray cries out worriedly as she cries out and tumbles across the floor.

Takeshi swoops for her again and grabs Reina by her short hair, hauling her up in the air. "You shouldn't have defied me," He growls at her. "Now I will kill you and take your magic by force."

"Go ahead then," She seethes back, eyes narrowed, "but I'd rather die than let you use or hurt my brother ever again!"

With a grunt of exertion, Reina swings herself forward and slugs the man in his stomach with a kick that forces him to let her go, grunting.

Gray rushes forwards and manages to catch Reina before she could hit the floor, holding her bridal style in his arms.

She smiles at him with one eye squeezed closed as she says gratefully, "Thank you, Gray-kun."

Gray grins back as he says, "Anytime."

He sets Reina carefully on her feet and she faces her opponent once more.

"You brat! You're going to regret that," Takeshi growls before holding up his hands.

Reina's blue orbs widen when she realises what spell he's going to use next. "Move it!!" The Arc of Reflection user snaps before barreling into Gray's side and sending them both tumbling just as a pillar of darkness erupts from that spot on the floor.

They hit the floor with Reina on top of the ice wizard. He stares in shock at the damage. "Thanks for that," Gray breathes, swallowing thickly.

"Think of it as returning the favour," Reina mutters before climbing off the Fullbuster and helping him up.

"Water Magic: Water Whip!" Reina's reflection sends out a whip of water but Takeshi dodges it before sending a barrage of feathers at her. One grazes the reflection's right shoulder but she dodges the rest.

"Water Needle." Reina's reflection shoots needles of water and a few manage to hit Takeshi. Reina and Gray watch as they exchange blows.

At one point, Takeshi throws the reflection across the floor like he did Reina earlier and goes to kick her in the stomach. The reflection rolls away from the kick and throws out her arm to send out a barrage of water needles.

She then uses her exploding water attack but Takeshi narrowly dodges.

He scowls at the reflection and shifts his gaze to find Eric hunched over on the floor, still with feathers embedded in his side. A sneer curls his lips upward and Takeshi forms a death orb in his right hand.

Reina gasps as soon as she realises what or who Takeshi is aiming at.

"You'll regret betraying me, Eric," The guild master seethes before launching the ball at the boy.

"NO!!" Reina screams in horror, starting towards her brother. She knows she won't make it in time, but she's determined as hell to save him.

There's an explosion as the death orb comes into contact, and Reina stops short with a sharp gasp, blue orbs wide with fear.