Chapter 29

Third Person's P. O. V:

"... and then she just took off!" Gray finishes telling his teammates what happened after his date with Reina last night, throwing up his hands for emphasis. "I don't know what happened!"

Lucy's eyes soften.

"Oh, Gray," Murmurs Lucy. "Have you tried talking to her this morning?"

"I've tried but she refuses to see me," He says, slumping on a seat and sighing. "I don't understand what I did wrong!" He puts his head in his hands.

"...... Listen, Gray, I think I might know what's up," Lucy begins carefully, gaining his attention.

"You do?"

She nods her head. Lucy then begins to tell Gray, Natsu and Erza about what she learned about Reina's Arc of Reflection. Everyone was stunned when she finishes.

Gray slams his fists on the table as he yells, standing up, "She's still Reina!" With that, Gray jumps out of his seat and races out of the guild hall in the direction of Reina's house.

He reaches it in no time and knocks Lydia on the door. "Reina! Please, open up! I need to talk to you!" No answer. Gray knocks again. "Lucy told me about your Arc of Reflection Magic—"

He's cut off when the door suddenly opens and a tired looking bluenette appears in the crack of the door. "She... told you?" The Fullbuster nods. Reina lets out a sigh before stepping back and opening the door further. "Come in, then."

Gray enters and Reina shuts the door, her back to him. Gray turns as he says, "So... about your Arc of Reflection... it really turns you into that?"

Reina has on a strapless purple and pink top that shows a bit of her stomach with a purple and black checkered skirt.

Reina nods with her hand on the door. "Yeah. Unless the user can let themselves go, to merge with their magic, to become one with very the concept, they cannot truly use it. Anyone who tries to force it upon themselves shatters, psychologically speaking. Their mind is unable to comprehend the vastness, and so, they break. And those who have completely merged with the Arc of Reflection, succeeding in their quest of mastering the lost magic, have gone so far out of reality that they have completely lost touch to their selves, they can never be the same again. Their minds contain things so deep, dark and unimaginable, that the gods themselves can't grasp onto it. They're barely human anymore, just duplicates of what they once were, shattering with the last drop of blood spilled. That's why I'm always away from the guild; to avoid getting too close with anyone. But, lately, I've found that to be impossible the more time I spend with you. You've changed me, Gray."

"You're still you, and I like you! I really meant it last night when I told you you're beautiful, Rei-chan. So, please. Don't leave me."

Reina lingers for a moment longer before she finally turns. Gray stiffens at the tears running down her face. He hates seeing her cry, since he'd only ever seen Reina as a strong warrior.