Chapter 39

Reina's P. O. V:

We were back at the Fairy Tail guild hall and Eric had his wounds seen to by Porlyusica, along with the rest of us. Though he and I got the worst injuries.

We're now in the guild hall and I'm explaining to everyone what happened, Gramps sitting on the counter.

I've changed into a sleeveless green halter neck top with black shorts and fingerless gloves, a belt around my waist.

"So... your eye is like that because you've now fully merged with Arc of Reflection? And your mind is far gone from reality?" Bickslow speaks up once I'd finished.

I nod my head grimly. "Yeah. And when I die, my body will shatter."

"Well, that's a pleasant thought," Mutters Evergreen with a hint of sarcasm.

"Your magic is quite intriguing, full of mysteries we have yet to discover," Says Freed, curiosity in his tone.

"Well, I'm just glad you made it back home safely," Says Gramps, smiling softly.

Max wants to know, looking towards the wall to my left, "What do we do with him?"

We all follow his gaze to my brother, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and head turned away.

With a pout, I step over and stand in front of him. "Itotou," I prompt, gaining his attention. "Come on. They're not gonna bite you. They're really friendly."

".... But after everything I did and said to you...." He mutters guiltily, trailing off.

"That doesn't matter anymore because you're here with me! Now, come on! I'll introduce you to everyone and then you can get your guild mark." He cries out in surprise as I abruptly grab his arm and pull him towards the group of Fairy Tail wizards. "Everyone, this is my younger brother Eric. Eric, meet the entire Fairy Tail guild, though you already know Team Natsu."

He gazes wearily at my guild mates who return it at first. But Mira was the first to smile at my brother.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Eric. Reina has told us all about you," She has.

"Sh-She has?" Eric stutters in surprise, glancing at me. The takeover mage nods her head.

"Yup! We're just glad you're back with your sister; She's been worried sick about you for the past seven years."

Some of the others agree.

Eric just looks more guilty. "... I'm really sorry, nee-chan—ow!" He cries out when I punch his left arm, my eyes closed. Eric hisses and rubs it. "What was that for?!"

"That was for making me worry about you for seven years, itotou," I scowl back, causing everyone else to laugh. I soon burst out laughing too, and even Eric smiles a little.

After we get him his blue Fairy Tail guild mark on his right upper arm, we chat with some of the other members for awhile before some people call for me to sing, to which I agree.

So I get up onstage with my guitar and the winged microphone before I start strumming and singing while Mira is serving customers.

"According to you
I'm stupid, I'm useless
I can't do anything right
According to you
I'm difficult, hard to please
Forever changing my mind
I'm a mess in a dress
Can't show up on time
Even if it would save my life
According to you, according to you
But according to him
I'm beautiful, incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him
I'm funny, irresistible
Everything he ever wanted
Everything is opposite
I don't feel like stopping it
So baby, tell me what I got to lose
He's into me for everything I'm not
According to you
According to you
I'm boring, I'm moody
And you can't take me any place
According to you
I suck at telling jokes 'cause I always give it away
I'm the girl with the worst attention span
You're the boy who puts up with that
According to you, according to you
But according to him
I'm beautiful, incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him
I'm funny, irresistible
Everything he ever wanted
Everything is opposite
I don't feel like stopping it
So baby, tell me what I got to lose
He's into me for everything I'm not
According to you
I need to feel appreciated
Loved, not hated, oh, no!
Why can't you see me through his eyes?
It's too bad you're making me decide
But according to me
You're stupid, you're useless
You can't do anything right
But according to him
I'm beautiful, incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him
I'm funny, irresistible
Everything he ever wanted
Everything is opposite
I don't feel like stopping it
Baby, tell me what I got to lose
He's into me for everything I'm not
According to you (you, you)
According to you
I'm stupid, I'm useless
I can't do anything right"

I finish the song and bow as cheers burst through my eardrums.

                     ❄️❄️❄️

I sit back at the table with my teammates.

"That was great, Rei!" Lucy gushes.

"Thank you. You know, Eric sings, too," I tell my teammates. They stare at Eric in surprise.

"Really?" Lucy asks. I nod.

"We used to sing all the time when we were kids, at least until Wolfsbane destroyed our village," I say as I lean against Gray, his arm around me.

"Maybe Eric can sing some other time then," Erza suggests.

"Maybe," The blue haired boy mutters.

We hang out at the guild hall for the rest of the day before Eric and I head home, Gray with us.

I linger outside as Eric goes in and turn to Gray.

"We should go on a date when you're feeling a lot better," He says, caressing my right cheek. I nod in agreement, leaning into his touch. "It must feel great to have your brother back."

"It does. I've missed him so much and I still can't believe he's actually here," I say softly. We stay like that for a few more minutes before I reluctantly pull back, gazing up at the Fullbuster through my lashes. "I should go in. It's getting late."

Gray tells me, "The team and I have decided to help fix your window tomorrow."

I smile appreciatively as I mutter, "Thank you, Gray-kun." I lean forward and we kiss deeply, his arms around my waist as I brace my hands on his chest.

We stay that way a bit longer before we reluctantly pull back.

"Goodnight, Rei-chan," Gray says as I turn to the door.

I glance back as I say, "Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow." He nods and starts to leave as I enter my house and lock the door behind me. Eric was leaning against the wall with one foot propped up and his arms crossed. He looks up at me as I go up to him. I smile at the Shadow Magic user as I gesture towards the stairs leading to the second floor.

"Welcome home, itotou."

He just smiles at me for the first time in forever.