Chapter 22

Reina's P. O. V:

Before the man could swing his sword at me, I hear Gray call, "Ice Make: Lance!"

Lances of ice pierce through the man's stomach and he collapses. Gray and I stand back to back as we're surrounded.

"You okay?" The Fullbuster asks, concern in his voice.

I nod as I say, "I'm fine. Let's wipe them out."

He agrees and shoots another lot of ice lances at a few men.

I dodge some weapons of swords and spears swing at me before I leap up and land solid kicks on the men's shoulders and face, knocking them back.

I dodge another attack before I land a right hook against the man's jaw, knocking him down.

"Ice Make: Hammer," Says Gray. He slaps the side of his fist against the palm of his hand and a rectangular hammer of ice forms before slamming in a bandit. "Ice Make: Arrows!"

He sends out a volley of arrows.

I dodge another attack before I activate my Lunar Eclipse Eyes. Immediately, the men around me freeze in fear.

"Super Lunar Eclipse Beam," I say before I shootout a more powerful version of my spell, taking out four bandits.

I feel something stab my left shoulder from behind and I cry out at the pain.

"Rei!" Gray shouts worriedly.

I glance behind me to see a bandit has stabbed his sword through the back of my left shoulder. I reach over and yank it out as I face the man trying to back away from me.

I keep a firm grip on the sword, ignoring the blood running from my hand, as I growl, activating my eyes once more, "That. Hurt."

The man screams before I slam twin red lasers from my enhanced spell into his chest, causing him to collapse.

I flip the sword around in my hands as I resume taking out the bandits.

❄️❄️❄️

Gray and I finish taking out the bandits and have the path cleared up. We decide to spend the night at the hotel in the town that hired us and Gray immediately drags me to the nearest hospital.

I didn't protest as the doctor checked and healed up both of our wounds. Gray had also gotten a little injured, but not as bad as I did.

We eat dinner at the hotel we're staying at and chat contentedly.

At around 10: 30, we wash up and go to bed.

The next morning, I was washing up in the bathroom when I hiss at the pain in my shoulder, and I glance at the bandages.

It'll take a few days to heal.

I should probably change the bandages. I clean the wound and put antiseptic on it before I replace the bandages. Once I was fully dressed, I exit the bathroom and go meet Gray for breakfast.

We sit across each other as we eat pancakes with maple syrup and coffee.

Gray asks, "You're leaving tomorrow, huh?"

My smile fades as I nod. "I am. I'm not changing my mind, Gray. But...... I promise to come back sooner than last time, okay?"

I gaze into his eyes until the ravenette nods his head. "Okay."

❄️❄️❄️

Gray and I make it back to Magnolia in a few hours and we give our report to Makarov-sama. He seems to approve as he nods his head.

"Well, I'm glad nothing terrible happened and that Rei will be alright in a few days," Says the Third Master. He gives me a stern look. "I don't want you going off to look for your brother until that shoulder of yours is fully healed, understand, Rei?"

I want to protest but know that I couldn't. So I sigh and nod my head as I agree, "Yes, Master. I won't leave until it's fully healed."

"Good," Says Makarov.

Gray then grabs my hand and I blush lightly as he drags me away from the takeover mage and guild master, his hand gripped firmly around mine.

                        ❄️❄️❄️

About a week later, Porlyusica has declared my shoulder wound is healed.

I now stand in Makarov's office as I announce, my blue backpack on my back, "I'll be leaving, then, since my wound is fully healed."

He gazes at me hesitantly before saying, "Are you sure about this, Reina? I feel like you've just gotten back from your last job. Why not stay a little longer?"

I reply, "That's what Lucy and Erza said the other day. I'm sorry, Master, but I can't. I'm so close to finding my brother... I have to keep trying."

He sighs in defeat. "I know there's no changing your mind. Just promise me that you won't do anything reckless and that you'll come back alive?"

I smile a little as I bow my head and say, "I promise, Master. And when I come back, I'll have my itotou with me and he'll still be able to join Fairy Tail, right?"

I look at the old man pleadingly. We'd talked about this before and her promised to deal with the Magic Council should they show up looking for Eric.

The Dreyar murmurs, nodding his head, "Of course, he can, since you still believe in him that much."

I say seriously, "Thank you, Gramps. I will come back sooner than last time."

I bow again in respect before I exit the office and go over to my team who are at a table, looking grim.

"Well, this is it. I'm off," I tell Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Erza and Happy.

Happy asks as he walks up to me on the tabletop, "Do you really have to go, Rei-chan?"

I say firmly, "I do."

Happy whines as he hugs me and I hug him back, "It won't be the same without you!"

I tell him assuringly, patting the blue furred cat, "You'll all be fine. Trust me. I'll be back before you know it!"

Happy looks up at me with wavering eyes as he presses, "You promise?"

I smile as I confirm, "Promise. I'll even bring you back a fish, okay?"

"Aye!" I set him back on the table and turn to our teammates.

"Good luck out there, Rei," Says Erza, coming over and placing her hand on my shoulder. "I know you'll find him this time."

"Thanks, Erza."

"I wish I could go with you and kick some dark wizard butt!" Natsu says in disappointment.

"Not this time, Natsu," I tell him before looking to the ice wizard. "Maybe next time you and Gray can go with me?"

"Yeah!" The pinkette cheers.

"I'll take you up on that," Says Gray.

I offer a smile before I turn to the door. "See you guys when I get back."

My teammates call after me with their goodbyes as I walk out of the guild hall and head for my first destination, to look for my itotou.

"I will bring you home this time, itotou," I think determinedly. "I promise!"