Chapter 32

Reina's P. O. V:

I'm shoved back inside my cell and stagger forward. Thankfully, I manage to right my footing in time. I whirl around and glare at my brother.

He tells me, "Xavier will get you later."

"How could you be doing this, following the orders of a dark mage?" I demand to know. Eric doesn't answer as he steps back and locks the door behind him. "You've changed, itotou."

This makes him pause with his back to me. Finally, Eric turns his head as he returns in a cold tone, "I'm not the one who's changed, nee-chan."

He then stalks out of the dungeon, leaving me along with my thoughts as I sit slumped against the back wall.

"Gray-kun, I know you're coming. Please, hurry," I think as I try not to cry.

❄️❄️❄️

Sometime later, my door is opened again and I look up to see a blond man with blue eyes standing before me.

"My name is Xavier Baxter and I'll be your torturer for this evening, Queen of Reflections," He introduces before grabbing me and hauling me to my feet.

I shake his hand off and follow Xavier down some corridors and up a flight of stairs. He opens a door to a large room with only a straight backed chair and a table of tools next to it.

My heart leaps into my throat at the sight of it.

Xavier pushes me into the room since I'd frozen at the sight before me and we stop in front of the chair. He shackles me down to it with Seal Stone and, to my shock, cuts off the bottom of my blue strapless top, right to just below my breasts.

I glare at him.

"It's in the way," He says. "I'd remove more, but I doubt you've got anything underneath."

I feel my cheeks heat up at his words and I wanted to kick his shins, but I couldn't due to the shackles on them.

Xavier picks up a scalpel and holds it up, examining it. "Takeshi-sama wants to know which book you learned Arc of Reflection from. If you answer correctly, I'll go easy on you."

I glare at him with wavering eyes, trying not to look scared. "I'm not telling you anything," I say. "Not everyone is capable of using Arc of Reflection."

"And why's that?" He questions.

"Because of dangerous side effects."

"What dangerous side effects?"

"... I don't feel like telling you, because it won't make much difference, will it?" I mumble helplessly.

"No, probably not," He says before digging the scalpel into my stomach.

My eyes flare wide and I let out a pained scream.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Eric lingers outside the torture room later that afternoon, the sun beginning to set, and presses his back to the wall next to the door.

From outside, he could hear screams—screams of agony—and can't fully imagine the hell Xavier is putting his older sister through.

But Eric knows she's too strong to give in—no matter how much pain is inflicted on her.

He clenches his teeth and fists at his sides, the screams still piercing through the wall. He wishes his sister had never gained Arc of Refkection; then maybe they could still be living in their peaceful village.

He also secretly hates himself for putting her through such torment but there's nothing he could do about it. He couldn't make his move—not yet.

Gritting his teeth as more of Reina's screams filter through the walls, Eric peels away and stalks down the corridors, away from the room.

He pauses in an empty hall and mentally swears. He slams his fist against the wall, making a small crater.

"Dammit!!" Eric hisses under his breath before stalking off.

❄️❄️❄️

Reina sits, slumped in the chair, blood decorating most of her body by now. She breathes heavily as her bangs hide her eyes.

She doesn't know how long she's been there for; she got lost in the sea of agony brought on by the blond man before her.

"Are you giving up on me already?" Xavier taunts as he readies another instrument. Reina gazes at it with wide, wavering eyes. Xavier's grin widens. "It's only day 1 and we've barely begun!"

Reins tries but fails to keep in her scream of agony as Xavier resumes his torture session.

❄️❄️❄️

Some more time has passed since Reina was captured by Wolfsbane. She's still shackled to the chair in the torture room, and can only see Xavier's twisted grin.

Reina feels as though she wouldn't have the strength to stand on her own once she finally gets released; even though Xavier has force fed her upon Takeshi's orders, so she wouldn't give out on starvation.

Reins doesn't know how much longer she'd be able to hold on.

❄️❄️❄️

Team Natsu (along with Juvia and Gajeel) have snuck into Wolfsbane's headquarters and are looking for Reina.

"There's so many dark wizards around," Lucy whispers after pulling her head back from peering around the corner. The amount of dark wizards was beginning to thin out in the corridor, but they still couldn't move just yet. "What are we gonna do?"

Gray takes a peek and his deep blue eyes narrow before he reaches out and grabs a familiar bluenette, then slams him against the wall next to Lucy. She stifles a scream.

"Gray—!" Erza gasps.

"Talk!! Where's Reina, Eric?!" Gray demands. The blue haired boy just looks back at him with half lidded eyes.

"That's her brother?" Natsu murmurs, shocked.

"The one who helped kidnap Reina?" Juvia mutters.

"Surprised he's so young," Quips Gajeel.

"Where is she?!" Gray presses.

"... I'll take you to her, but we don't have time to argue," He says, much to everyone's shock.

"What do you mean?" Asks Happy.

"Aren't you a member of Wolfsbane?" Lucy inquires. "Why would you help us after you'd betrayed your own sister?"

Eric glances at her through his bangs and says monotonously, "Like I said: I'll tell you on the way. Do you want to save Reina, or not?"

Gray and his teammates exchange wary glances with Erza. She sighs and nods her head.

"Alright, Eric, we'll trust you for the time being," The Requip Magic user relents in a serious tone. She frowns at him. "But know this: if you betray us, I'll run you through, got it?"

He nods and Gray releases him.

"The torture room is this way," Says Eric with a jerk of his head and he carefully leads the Fairy Tail wizards to his sister while he explains his story.