Chapter 28

The results of the Miss Fairy Tail contest have been put up. While Lucy was depressed, Reina was a little disappointed.

The result announcement of The
Miss Fairy Tail Contest:

1.... Erza
2.... Reina
3.... Lucy

Everyone looking at the results cheer happily. Lucy cries, clutching her head, "AWE!! THERE GOES MY RENT MONEY!! WAAAHHH...!!"

"You could take a job," Natsu suggests, arms crossed.

Her shoulders slumping, Lucy whines in a depressed tone, "But winning the pageant would've been so much easier...!" She collapses on the table.

"I can't believe I lost against Erza...!" Reina cries.

"Why're you depressed?" Natsu asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I lost to Erza!" Natsu starts a bit when the blonde clenches her left fist and fire suddenly bursts in her eyes with fierce determination. "Next time, I won't lose to her!! I will beat her!!"

"Well, good luck!" Happy scoffs, earning himself a glare of animated white triangles, causing him and the others to sweat drop.

"But next time for sure!!" Natsu watches Reina as she stalks away to join Lucy at the table she was sitting at earlier, sitting opposite her. On the tabletop is a book and a cup of tea. Reina is wearing a green cold shoulder top with a black one beneath and a black skirt. She has a black choker around her neck. On her feet are knee high socks and boots that show her toes.

 On her feet are knee high socks and boots that show her toes

"What am I gonna do now...?" Lucy cries as Cana slides in on her right, a bottle of alcohol in hand.

"Uuugh, I really need a man." Cana rests her head in her left hand as she leans her elbow on the table.

"What the heck, a man?" Lucy questions, as she, and Reina, glance up at her.

"I need... well... a boyfriend," The Card Magic user responds as she slouches on the table. "I've been single for too long, and I'm starting to get the urge, if you know what I mean."

"E... err?!" Lucy and Reina stammer in surprise as they turn to Cana; both of their faces are blushing beet red.

"Oh, why did that make you blush, Lucy, Rei-chan...?"

"Oh! I'm not blushing...!" The celestial wizard exclaims as she whips her head away, eyes wide.

"Yeah, me neither!" Reina says in agreement. "Besides, I'm already dating someone—unlike you two!"

"Geez! No need to rub it in, Rei! You're just as bad as Aquarius!" Lucy snaps at her, flustered.

"Heh... come on, Blondie! You've had a boyfriend before, right?" Cana interrogates Lucy while Reina cautiously peeks at her.